Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Yellow lab

Her454
    Phebus..... I would be willing to take her from you....I love Labs and have 5 acres for her to play on with a Male Queensland that she would have to keep her company. However, my five acres is fenced for cattle, not dogs as my Queensland does not stray so that may be an issue if she is a runner. I dont want to tie a dog or kennel them but she would stay in the house at night..... And, most important, I assume she is good with children but I need to know. I would be willing to come half way to pick her up if it works out...send me a PM or let me know.
    Traci

phebus
    The dog is great with children, and other pets. She does wander when let outside, and would need to be trained to stay in an unfenced yard.
    One more pic from about a year ago:
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...53DSCN0060.JPG

My brother lives in Havasu and kept his Border Collie outside without issues. Has a large pen with a large shaded area, and a kiddie pool. Also has a swamp cooler in garage (not hyper expensive to buy or run) and ran a duct to the dog house area when hot.
    Swamp cooler in garage could have doggie door possibilities too.
    Just ideas. Lots of people in Havasu and the river have dogs that do fine once acclamated. Good luck with whatever you decide. I know how hard it would be to give up my dog.

Her454
    My brother lives in Havasu and kept his Border Collie outside without issues. Has a large pen with a large shaded area, and a kiddie pool. Also has a swamp cooler in garage (not hyper expensive to buy or run) and ran a duct to the dog house area when hot.
    Swamp cooler in garage could have doggie door possibilities too.
    Just ideas. Lots of people in Havasu and the river have dogs that do fine once acclamated. Good luck with whatever you decide. I know how hard it would be to give up my dog.
    I agree with Mike as I took my Shepherd (long haired) from Nor Cal to Havasu and she had no problems as long as she was kept cool with a kiddie pool and she was always at the lake with me too.
    My only concern is living close to a country road that people travel on very fast and I would absolutely hate to have her wander out there while trying to teach her to stay close to the house. Might have to tie her (yuck) until she is comfortable and knows its home....... Up to you in your decision but I am still willing to take her if you decide to let her go.

topless
    I agree with Mike as I took my Shepherd (long haired) from Nor Cal to Havasu and she had no problems as long as she was kept cool with a kiddie pool and she was always at the lake with me too.
    My only concern is living close to a country road that people travel on very fast and I would absolutely hate to have her wander out there while trying to teach her to stay close to the house. Might have to tie her (yuck) until she is comfortable and knows its home....... Up to you in your decision but I am still willing to take her if you decide to let her go.
    If you do get her Traci, I can keep her at my house till you come and get her........Oh as a matter of fact, I'm going to be on vacation the end of the month so I can bring her to you. :idea: (I'm being jealous just thinking of jello shots at your house)

Her454
    If you do get her Traci, I can keep her at my house till you come and get her........Oh as a matter of fact, I'm going to be on vacation the end of the month so I can bring her to you. :idea: (I'm being jealous just thinking of jello shots at your house)
    Thanks, that would actually work out......... you could finally help me pick out that damn horse LOL.............

topless
    Thanks, that would actually work out......... you could finally help me pick out that damn horse LOL.............Oh that would be great. I'll ever test ride the horse for ya. :crossx:

Beautiful Noise
    Here's our Yellow lab at the River enjoying the Sandbar...........My wife has always said that I would go before the Dog goes
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...andbar-med.JPG

Beautiful Noise
    Oh as a matter of fact, I'm going to be on vacation the end of the month so I can bring her to you. :idea: (I'm being jealous just thinking of jello shots at your house)
    Your just looking forward to Sleeping in a real House instead of that Trailer

Her454
    Your just looking forward to Sleeping in a real House instead of that Trailer
    I was actually going to put her in the trailer out back to make her feel comfortable. Its got plastic over the windows and one of Jordys stolen generators to make her feel right at home.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast