Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Yellow lab

Sleek-Jet
    Here's our Yellow lab at the River enjoying the Sandbar...........My wife has always said that I would go before the Dog goes
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...andbar-med.JPG
    So how old is the Dog??? Should you be getting your affairs in order???

waterwitch
    Phebus the swapcooler in the garage is a GREAT idea. I
    hadn't thought of that. My mother in law does it for her
    cat. (yes I said cat) you could always put up misters, and
    with a pool she would probably do great.
    She is a beautiful dog! I know she would probably rather be a
    little hot then away from her family. If you think about it, we only
    have extreme heat for 3-4 months. (but it's a dry heat. )

topless
    I was actually going to put her in the trailer out back to make her feel comfortable. Its got plastic over the windows and one of Jordys stolen generators to make her feel right at home.You are so kind and thoughtful.

RiverDave
    Again, with a kiddie pool outside I think the dog would be fine. I take my dog all summer long, and even on the hottest weekends she prefers to sit outside in the sun, and then go into the shade every once in awhile.
    Being that I'd hate to see you get rid of your dog, I'd be willing to help you out a little bit. I have these misters that cover about a 10 diameter circle. You can hang one in the back yard, and it will cool a large enough area so that the dog can go sit under it whenever it gets to hot. Costs all of about a dollar a day to run.
    Lemme know.
    RD

slink
    Here's our Yellow lab at the River enjoying the Sandbar...........My wife has always said that I would go before the Dog goes
    I always knew Deb was the smart one (pm me with how the cart is coming)

I forgot to mention my brother also uses misters. Another great tool to beat the heat.

ROZ
    a Male Queensland that she would have to keep her company.
    However, my five acres is fenced for cattle, not dogs as my Queensland does not stray so that may be an issue if she is a runner. I dont want to tie a dog or kennel them but she would stay in the house at night..... And, most important, I assume she is good with children but I need to know. I would be willing to come half way to pick her up if it works out...send me a PM or let me know.
    Traci
    Traci,
    Been around Queenslands since I was a kid... It's the last breed my parents will ever own.. Chance is that your queensland will keep the new dog "corraled" on your property until she knows the ropes... Seen it before...
    I have a "runner" when my mother's other queensland was alive, he'd bring my retriever back... pretty cool....

2Driver
    Trust me, we are going to be very particular about where the dog get's placed.
    We love her very much, and out of kindness for her, want her to go to a very loving home, that will care for her like we do.
    So why not keep her? She will be in heaven with the lake there. We lived there for 5 years and had a Chesapeake Bay retriever and he nearly froze to death when we moved to San Diego. HE went everywhere we did. He was too and outside dog, you just need to make some provisions for them.

maxwedge
    Hey, that's how Sadie swims too! Keep at least too feet on something that floats at all times. Use claws if nessecary. Sinking humans, innertubes, and small boats is ok as long as she's still floating LOL :crossx: Can't imagine giving her up for anything though. :cry:

pixilatedpussy
    We have a 5 year old female (spayed) yellow lab, that we unfortunately have to find a new home for. We are in the process of moving to Lake Havasu, and the dog is primarily an outside dog (due to my daughter's asthma).
    Outside dogs don't fare well in the heat of summer, so out of concern and kindness to the dog we love, we would like to find a good caring home for her.
    Those interested, please contact me, and I will try to pick what I feel would be the best placement for her. She is great with other dogs, kids, etc.
    I will post pictures of her in the morning.
    Thanks,
    Rick
    Hi Rick, I might be interested....if you do not have a home for her yet. Recently my mom & step dad had to put down my childhood yellow lab. She was 15 years old & just a love! My mom has been crushed ever since they put Taffy to sleep. Christmas was a lonely one & my boys were sad when Taffy wasnt under the Christmas tree with them at Nana's house. Let me know what you think. Thanks, Tina
    Im not too far from ya..just a hop down the toll road.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast