Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need help

ScapeGoat
    I need to get a valve job done on an 02 navigater. need to now a good place to go that won't break the bank.
    I am located in Glendale cal.
    Thanks Brian

dmontzsta
    I think you do need help...How in the world does an 02 Navigator need a valve job?

ScapeGoat
    According to a decent shop it has lost pressure in two cylinders. First they change the plugs 3 hours labor
    then they change a coil 2.5 hours labor
    the check engine went off again and they finaly presure tested for free.
    I am going to a dealer to have them check it out firstBut they claim it is due to bad gas or running 87, these engines require 91. Wife might of got careless one or twice.
    Overhead camer cant be cheap another bad thing is only has 70,000 miles

Norseman
    According to a decent shop it has lost pressure in two cylinders. First they change the plugs 3 hours labor
    then they change a coil 2.5 hours labor
    the check engine went off again and they finaly presure tested for free.
    I am going to a dealer to have them check it out firstBut they claim it is due to bad gas or running 87, these engines require 91. Wife might of got careless one or twice.
    Overhead camer cant be cheap another bad thing is only has 70,000 miles
    I'd have it checked at another shop! Sounds a little early to be needing a valve job....

Marty Gras
    This sounds like Karma to me. See, if you "F" with someone for no reason, then you get that negative power back 10 times over. So when you "F'ed over" someone who tried to help you for free, you did this to yourself. I'm happy to report that I don't have any connection with Ford warranty services. I guess you are on your own!

ScapeGoat
    Norseman that what I will do,.
    Martigras, dude why you trifling? When I ask about looking at the boat, you did just that you told me you would be able to set it up for around 10,000$. I told you then and there I was not going to jump right into doing it and if I did it would be a slow process. Now your acting like I "F" with your time because I decided to put the boat on the back burner. No offense but I do have priorities. so quit getting all hurt claiming I "f" with you because I didn't. All I ask for and recieved was advice which was well noted and if I owe $ for your time let me know how much.

Ouch!

Wet Dream
    Try looking around in here (http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/51...ght=valve+head). Your motor is a 5.4, and the only thing I've seen over the years is blown spark plug holes. But here (http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/51...ght=valve+head) is a thread on valve noise, and you'll be able to figure these forums out just like here.

Wet Dream
    Here is another thread about the 91 Octane (http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/47...ne#post3545858) theory. Its not going to do anything to the motor if she ran 87. Does she race from light to light, pull a hill as fast as she can while towing? I doubt it, but if she does with 87, it still isn't going to hurt the motor if she "got careless once or twice"

ScapeGoat
    thanks for those with positive advice. I will be getting a new engine from lincohn due to rings failing. only for $2500, a lady friend that works for ford/lincohn took care of about $3500. :rollside:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast