Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone's kids race BMX bikes

Kilrtoy
    The kid has been bugging me and Im finally breaking down and gonna let him do it...
    Why kinda bike do you recommend.
    Im really leaning towards the
    REDLINE PROLINE JUNIOR

Spotondl
    Redline rocks Miguel... Been that way for decades...

Roxysnow
    Man...BMX. I couldn't tell you what the current bikes are but I remember Haro, GT, Mongoose, Diamond Back... Good luck, He'll be good at it!

KACHINA KEN
    The kid has been bugging me and Im finally breaking down and gonna let him do it...
    Why kinda bike do you recommend.
    Im really leaning towards the
    REDLINE PROLINE JUNIOR
    Redline is sweet, Hutch is awesome as well.

Trailer Park Casanova
    Get a real focus on the specific bike ya want.
    If you take the bike dealers word for it, a good chance they'll push dead stock on you.
    I got my son together with his friends and talked to them and their parents and new exactly what we wanted when we walked into the bike dealer.
    And of course, the bike shops tried to pawn off obsolete crap.
    They may all look similar, but their are differences.
    Name brand still may have obsolete models sitting on the floor, so eyes wide open. Always ask for a deal beyond the listed floor price.
    They're super heavy now which suprised us. Your son could push start a Buick or pull out tree stumps with them.

RitcheyRch
    Dont know anyone that races it now. Had a few friends back in high school (the early 80's) that raced and did well.
    Might be best to go to a race and see what most of the kids are using.

TCN
    Miguel, talk to Cameron (Throttle) because his son races and is really good. He could help you out on a bike and gear choice and maybe even some pointers for your son. I used to race when I was a kid but Diamondback was my bike of choice back then. Redline has always been really good, but if I could do it again I would have an SE PK Ripper. They still make them and they are an incredible bike and anyone who knows BMX and the history of it has to love this bike. Nick

NOTALENT
    Miguel, talk to Cameron (Throttle) because his son races and is really good. He could help you out on a bike and gear choice and maybe even some pointers for your son. I used to race when I was a kid but Diamondback was my bike of choice back then. Redline has always been really good, but if I could do it again I would have an SE PK Ripper. They still make them and they are an incredible bike and anyone who knows BMX and the history of it has to love this bike. Nick
    You are a wise man... :rollside: The PK Ripper was an unstoppable bike when I was racing, can you believe I use to hit up sheep hills with that bike..haha. I also raced an Auburn. Both bikes were lighter then most if not all of the other bikes out there. As I got older I Raced the Schwinn Pro Mod XL. I wont tell you how much I had invested in that... :jawdrop:

OutCole'd
    Is there a track in Havasu?
    Who sanctions it?

yzfrider
    Depending on how serious your son is about racing. If he is going to try it to see if he likes it then go with a Redline or Specialized. For a kit bike they are about as good as you are going to get. If he is a good rider and is really into it. You may want to look at building him a bike, Staats frames are about as good as it gets for BMX. Make sure you get a bike that fits him.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast