Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you expect.....

Sangster
    Seen a $17,000.00 motor today.....So the owner claims....Jest wondering what you would expect for that kinda money......Using a stock Chevy 454 block w/cast iron heads, aluminum manifold & single 4 barrel.....

Barnum was right.

Sangster
    058:
    Barnum was right. Thats what I'm Sayin'........

superdave013
    maybe he got a reach around. eek!

Sangster
    superdave013:
    maybe he got a reach around. eek! I'm thinkin' he got more than the reach around, he even got the UP & DOWN.....With the stuff he had showin', I don't see how you could possibly spend that much $$$$ inside it......

Sangster
    SD013.....Good to see the old avatar back..it becomes you.. wink

So if I told you my motor originally sold for 22K would that make it faster than your motor that you only have 5k into.
    Here's the deal for me. I'm not going to sit on shore & tell you how fast my boat is. PUT IT IN THE WATER. I don't care if I'm running a piece of plywood with an outboard.
    4 years ago at CFW I was running my hondo sitting in the cove watching this wicked fast red runner bottom rip in & out of the cove. He came in shut off next to me & through the helmet I herd him uter "Wanna run'em", I sitting in my 80 mph ski boat sort of giggled & said shure. He knew what I was gigling about & said "Deos it matter" I said nope. Needles to say I got one hell of a view of a real fast runner take a set & go. I stayed on the gas into the rough stuff, But the next time I was next to him he had alreaqdy turned around.
    The point:
    Bill Murray said it best "It Just Deosn't Matter" Run what you got, Don't sell it on the beach. Run it like you stole it.
    Morg said so.

dossangers
    Morg said it. tell it with your right FOOT!!! PS that motor was in dale earnhardts tow truck!! yuk yuk yuk

Sangster:
    Seen a $17,000.00 motor today.....So the owner claims....Jest wondering what you would expect for that kinda money......Using a stock Chevy 454 block w/cast iron heads, aluminum manifold & single 4 barrel..... I would expect some billet heads and a solid gold intake manifold...

GofastRacer
    For that kind of money, it better come from Rher&Morrison's shop!!... eek!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast