Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How many of you live in an H.O.A. compound?

SoCalSouthpaw
    I'm sure this will be an interesting thread:
    I phucking hate :crossx: HOA's. :crossx: Never lived in a neigborhood with an HOA, never will. I cant see it - pay 3, 4, 500K+ for a nice house all to have a group of idiots on an HOA board with nothing better to do but walk around and figure out whose gonna get a letter on their door for having a focking weed sprouting up in their front yard. Or, how about this one,
    ME or YOU:
    "Gee, I sure would like to plant that FoxTail Palm in my yard I saw on sale at Home Depot, it would look so much nicer than a Ghetto Queen Palm."
    WIFE:
    "But honey, you have get HOA approval to plant it. It might not be on the 'Approved List of Plantable Trees"
    Or, what if you want to paint your house? Gotta get approval on that too. Give me a break. You pretty much can never give your house in an HOA 'hood its own character. Yeah, Im gonna sell mine and get right into that crap.
    Okayyyy, Im done....
    Whoaaa!

Jbb
    I live in one...and I agree with alot of the rules......junk cars in the yard ect,ect...but I had an exemption to the no detached garage rule when the builder built my shop along with my house.....about 6 months after I moved in...a couple hoa nazis showed up to discuss my garage being there... ...I told them soon as they start paying my house note ...the can comment on my garage....[which was legal anyways]

RitcheyRch
    I live in a HOA community as well. Sure hope to never live in one again. They sent me a letter because they saw me loading stuff in my boat in front of the house.
    HOA=ghestapo

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
    You are right-- this is debateable
    here's my take. I pay HOA dues. I also pay mello roos. Do i like it? No. Do i have to? No, i can move. BUT, there is an upside and that is you can count on your neighborhood maintaining an acceptable prescence for as long as they charge the dues. Is it really that big of an issue to get approval to paint your house? I don't think so. Is it a viable safegaurd against your neighbor painting there house Pepto Bismol Pink? Hell yes. Is it a viable safegaurd preventing the hillbilly down the block from putting his truck up on blocks on the lawn? Sure enough. I grew up in a decent neighborhood where there were no HOA demands and you'd have a dozen houses that was killer and one that was a frickin dump. I guess I'd rather pay then subject one or more houses in a neighborhood to reflect on the image which equates value when it comes time to sell....
    but thats just my .02

Roxysnow
    HOA\'s are gettting out of hand! Newer properies here in Orange County are near 300 to 500 per month! In addition to that there is Melloroose which is another 300-400 per month! I have buddies paying over a 1k per month on taxes, melloroos and HOA\'s alone! Not to mention their 600k loan amount payments! Know what I can get for an extra 700 per month...... almost anything I want!

lakewake
    I hate those nazi bastards too. I moved out of Rancho Santa Margarita for that reason. I got a knock on the door one day. The Gestapo sited me for the wrong color garden hose. It had to be pastel pink or green. I had a conventional bright green hose. While he was there he noted that I had not gotten permission to have a grill on the patio deck.A month later they sited me for hanging my own rain gutter and not using the approved install company. I sold the condo shortly after that. When I got the yearly report forwarded to me after the sale I noticed that between the two Associations that I paid on top of Mello Roos they had 8 people in the management company making over $100,000 a year to pay the trash,outside electrical and water,landscaping and lake maint.etc. That was 20 years ago.It's a racket for sure.

squirt'nmyload
    hoa's SUCK!!!!! i'm dealing with the weed issue now...since we actually been getting some rain here, i had some weeds pop up in the front. the next day i had a letter threatening me with a $250 dollar fine!!!! we have hoa nazi's that i swear have nothing better to do than walk around all day and look at peoples yards.

moneypit
    I live in a nice neighborhood with a relatively small HOA. I have RV access for my boat. Last year when I moved in I bought a $1000.00 Carport. I bought the Tan color so it would look nicer. My thoughts were that it looks a helluva lot better than the Red Boat Cover or a blue tarp that would protect my boat.
    Well Last week I got a letter. Telling me that I cant have a tarp on my side yard. I dont have a copy of the reg's so I am waiting for a copy. I will buy a PInk Boat cover if I have to. The tan carport looks nice and its already been there a year. azzholes.

riverbound
    I have to say, I had a couple instances in which myself and the HOA. but overall I was thankful that we had an HOA. It kept the neighbors form parking their cars on the lawn and as was stated earlier Kept them from parking the 72 winnebago in front of the house for months at a time. I guess on the good side, Our HOA pres. was a River/Desert person. so having the toys in front of the house for a couple days at a time was a non issue.

NautiTwins
    We also live in a HOA and love it. AT first they would write us a ticket every week for something. Weeds, boat in front of the house, beer cans in the street j/k etc. We got it fixed by putting my wife on the HOA board. Suddenly, no more tickets.
    You can be one of those people that just sit back and complain or man up and do something about it.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast