Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Shrimp Recipe's

Her454
    If not throw their asses right out.
    As soon as they finish the work LOL. I'm kinda worried tho, I cooked OLDSQUIRT my specialty, MotherLode Lasagna - he finished the work on my boat and I haven't seen him since. That was almost 2 years ago He must've realllly thought I made it with possum. :rollside:

DILLIGAF
    As soon as they finish the work LOL
    Opppps...forgot about that. Maybe you should feed them AFTER the work is done
    Well, if your meal kills them AFTERWARDS...you won't get a bill either
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

lucky
    hell - just marinate it in tequilla - it will taste good - going down ?

Old Texan
    If the shrimp are big, split them about an inch back. Put a slice of jalapeno & a piece of cheese (cubed cheese works great), wrap with bacon, throw it on the grill for a few minutes, flip 'em pretty often, for about 7-8 minutes or so, depending on how hot your fire is.... Good stuff. Or if you want it quick & easy, either lemon pepper or steak seasoning works good too.
    Shrimp boil is good too, I did one Saturday, using the Zataran's seasoning. Worked dammmmm good.
    Good luck, although, its hard to screw up shrimp..... :rollside:
    As a fellow Texan I attest to this being one of the best ways to fix shrimp. Called Shrimp Brochette.
    My experience by fire, excuse the cliche, is to use pepper jack or monterrey jack cheese. I also have found that rather than using a direct fire grill, I put them on "The Pit". Here in Texas "The Pit" is a well seasoned BBQ smoker pit made of heavy wall steel pipe with a firebox on one end feeding heat and smoke to slow cook brisket, ribs, chicken, sausage etc. The advantage is the bacon seals the shrimp from absorbing to much smoky tast while slow cooking the bacon through and keeping the cheese from melting onto the fire.
    I use a pretty wide slice of fresh Jalepeno which is seeded and deveined. The shrimp is also deveined and butterflyed leaving the tail and last shell joint. Jalepeno and cheese inserted in the split shrimp and secured with a toothpick or multiples on a skewer.
    Baste intially with a butter, lime or lemo juice, garlic baste. No need to marinate as the flavors of the ingredients are what is going to make it delicious. Baste a couple times during cooking.
    The key to shrimp is to not overcook. On a "pit" @ 250-275 deg you should have everything just right in 30-45 minutes. Open gas or charcoal 8-10.
    As a side, serve some shrimp slaw. Cole slaw with generous portions of chopped boiled shrimp mixed in and chiiled overnight.
    Cocktail sauce is Ketchup, lemon juice, worshteshire(sp), and horseradishe (sp) premixed and chilled.

a catered life
    screw the shrimp lets talk about old texans avator yum i take some of that with some butter :rollside:

lucky
    screw the shrimp lets talk about old texans avator yum i take some of that with some butter :rollside:
    where do you think we get the shrimp infused smell from?

marinate shrimp in coconut milk, lime juice and garlic for 30 min. 2 min each side on med-low heat on bbq and you are good to go.

Old Texan
    where do you think we get the shrimp infused smell from?
    That would be a new "Tony Snatchere'" seasoning line.
    http://www.tonychachere.com/

Devilman
    That would be a new "Tony Snatchere'" seasoning line.
    http://www.tonychachere.com/
    LOL, nice.....
    Also, on that bacon wrap deal, I've recently heard you can pre-cook the bacon a little, seperately before you wrap the shrimp & throw 'em on the grill. Eliminates alot of the bacon grease dripping on the coals & such... Haven't tried that myself. Definitely got me thinking about another pit though, with a firebox....

lucky
    so this weekend - I'm cooking for my friends ( house warming for my extended family Grilled Tuna steaks(from my fishing trip in san diego ) , with olive oil and a touch of balsamic viniger , lemon up the- yeng yang and a dash of salt on. and then top it with some parsley - and lemon zest and a touch of lime . a greek salad ( don't get excited roland ) which will include articokes quartered - flame rosted red and orange bell peppers - olives served over shreaded lettuce with a vinigerette dressing , bread( fresh bread -cibatta ) dippers ( with a varity of dipping options ) last but not least a Potato salad - made with olive oil ( mayo would kill it ) and some frest oregeno - touch of lemon ( its the theme ) and some special spices -- most importantly -- wine - shit load of wine -- did i mention every one thinks your a great chief when they are drunker than hell - lmao -

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast