Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lavey Craft 26 NuEra impressions?

Familycat
    We are considering upgrading to a larger boat. We are looking at a used Lavey Craft 26 NuEra. It apprears to be a solid boat and have heard many good things about Lavey in general. Anyone familiar with this model. Would love to hear some feedback bad or good.
    We currently have a 1995 22 Eliminator Daytona. Runs great, no problems but limited to lakes and the Delta. We are looking to expand our boating to include the San Francisco Bay and maybe a trip to Catalina once a year.
    Your thoughts please.

Semper Fi
    I have never owned a Lavey, but they do make a quality boat. I have several friends that have/had them and they were all happy customers. I think Lavey builds one of the better boats you can buy. You cannot go wrong with them.

Familycat
    I have never owned a Lavey, but they do make a quality boat. I have several friends that have/had them and they were all happy customers. I think Lavey builds one of the better boats you can buy. You cannot go wrong with them.
    Thanks for the input.
    Rick

Are you looking to buy new or used? open or closed bow? motor size? Lavey makes a sweet ride and they were on our short list when it came time to buy. I would recomend you looking at their 2750 nu era also......By the way, I know a nice 2006 Shockwave 25 Tremor for sale.. :crossx:

Familycat
    Are you looking to buy new or used? open or closed bow? motor size? Lavey makes a sweet ride and they were on our short list when it came time to buy. I would recomend you looking at their 2750 nu era also......By the way, I know a nice 2006 Shockwave 25 Tremor for sale.. :crossx:
    I am looking at a used 2004 closed bow with a HP525 and a whipple. Very low hours and very well equpted. I believe the 2750 has a better bottom and would go that way if looking new. This used 26 has a great price and why I am asking for input.
    Rick

redi4fun
    I was looking at a Lavey 26 recently and I have been told the one thing that should be a must is trim tabs . It is a very solid boat.

AirtimeLavey
    Deja vu....seems like I just posted this, but anyway...I've got '99 24 NuEra and love it. I bought it used, and saved a ton. Great boat. My next one will most likely be a Lavey, again. Really like the 2750. The one you're talking about sounds like a nice package.
    Definitely take it out for a test ride. Then, be ready to buy it. You'll love the ride, especially after you learn to drive/trim it right w/that hull!
    btw..I don't have trim tabs, and the ride is great. You might want them w/the bigger size.

Familycat
    Thanks for the feedback. The boat does have K-Planes.
    Keep the comments coming, please.
    Rick

Familycat
    What should I expect with 750 H. P. on a 26 NuEra? I was thinking low to mid 80's. Any ideas?
    Rick

nextasex
    We are considering upgrading to a larger boat. We are looking at a used Lavey Craft 26 NuEra. It apprears to be a solid boat and have heard many good things about Lavey in general. Anyone familiar with this model. Would love to hear some feedback bad or good.
    We currently have a 1995 22 Eliminator Daytona. Runs great, no problems but limited to lakes and the Delta. We are looking to expand our boating to include the San Francisco Bay and maybe a trip to Catalina once a year.
    Your thoughts please.
    Jeff and Chris (owners of Laveycraft) built my Lavey brand new in 2002. It's a 26' Nu Era, cuddy/open bow. We have been very happy with the boat and the quality of service. Never has it been back to their shop for problems since the day I took delivery of it. I have the 496HO in it and it runs mid, honest 60's with a full load, people, fuel, coolers full, toys, yadda, yadda. I would very much so consider another Lavey for my next boat if I was in the market.
    Good luck and feel free to contact me for any questions,
    Frank

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast