Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Powellfest '06

Mardonzi
    I thought it was...You bitches shut the F*ck up... :rollside:
    That was TnB on an earlier trip,,, but it was still applicable on this trip.... :argue:

AzLakeLizard
    That was TnB on an earlier trip,,, but it was still applicable on this trip.... :argue:
    LOL... can't wait for Cindy to see this post... :220v:

Mardonzi
    So looking forward to this trip. Currently have two gals from the East coast and one from the West.
    Making sure you bring enough for the whole class.... Good for you...
    Last time I flew over,, I was spotting slot canyons to go exploring,, Lots of stuff that even we haven't seen yet...

91nordic29
    LOL... can't wait for Cindy to see this post... :220v:
    mmmhmmm. i wish i had seen it before i saw you guys. i would have kicked his butt!

Mardonzi
    mmmhmmm. i wish i had seen it before i saw you guys. i would have kicked his butt!
    Promises, promises......

91nordic29
    I SAID KICK, NOT SPANK!

BigSoundRacing
    glad to see ya over here KC :rollside:
    About time!!

AzLakeLizard
    PAGE -- It's all right by Lake Powell watchers that winter weather systems have bounced north off the Arizona-Utah line this winter so far.
    A series of snowstorms in the Rockies is expected to melt into near-normal inflow into the lake this spring. That is good news for tourist-sensitive communities like Page, at the southern end of Powell.
    Precipitation reported at Navajo Generating Station just east of Page since September is only 43 percent of average. But snowpack in the Colorado River's Upper Basin in Colorado, Wyoming, Utah and New Mexico was reported Monday morning at 103 percent of average. Precipitation in the area drained by Lake Powell above Glen Canyon Dam was 115 percent of average from Oct. 1 through early January, said the Bureau of Reclamation.
    "The distribution of snow in the basin varies greatly by geographical location," said Tom Ryan in a Jan. 4 report posted on the BOR Web site.
    "Snowpack in the San Juan River basin, for instance, is only 35 percent of average, while snowpack in the Yampa and Colorado River headwaters is about 140 percent of average."
    Half a decade of drought lowered the lake last April to a surface elevation of 3,555 feet above sea level, its lowest point in 36 years. Heavy inflow from a dent in the drought last spring raised it 55 feet, and Page businesses are hoping the lake will continue to build this spring.
    Ryan said unregulated inflow April through July is forecast for 8.5 million acre-feet, or 107 percent of average. The lake is in the midst of its annual winter drop and was measured last Thursday at 3,598 feet. It should fall to 3,592 by April 1.
    The Bureau has projected the lake to top out at 3,632 feet in July, deep enough to allow the Castle Rock Cut at Wahweap Bay to open for the first time in nearly four years. The cut needs about 3,620 feet to permit boats to pass through.
    "I heard some people plan to camp out and party as the water in each bay rises to meet each other," said Paul Ostapuk, a spokesman for Page-based Friends of Lake Powell.
    In the meantime, locals will be watching for snowpack reports and weather radar from places like Estes Park, Colo., and Green River, Wyo.

DEEZ NUTTS
    I still like going the long way and airing out the boat now and then.

AzLakeLizard
    I still like going the long way and airing out the boat now and then.
    Very True Deez.. but it will be nice for the people who want to come back to the Docks if need be!...

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast