Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Powellfest '06

AzLakeLizard
    Today the water Temp of Lake Powell is 47 degrees...
    brrrrrrr....

Brian
    I still like going the long way and airing out the boat now and then.
    Yeah you guys with those @#%$! ocean liners probably DO like the channel!

AzLakeLizard
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...canery-med.JPG Yeah you guys with those @#%$! ocean liners probably DO like the channel!
    You mean ours???...lol

Brian
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...canery-med.JPG
    You mean ours???...lol
    Yes YOU!

ps: Nice nice boat, er I mean yatch, by the way...

AzLakeLizard
    Yes YOU!

ps: Nice nice boat, er I mean yatch, by the way...
    Thanks!.. we enjoy it!
    Ok.. the request has been submitted.. now we just have to cross our fingers and toes!

DeepVee
    I'm at 22' and love the channel. The rougher the better, slows everyone else down so I can get to the beach first.

Mardonzi
    I'm at 22' and love the channel. The rougher the better, slows everyone else down so I can get to the beach first.
    Yeah,, but you put in at Antelope so you miss the worst of the "washing machine"...

DeepVee
    Yeah,, but you put in at Antelope so you miss the worst of the "washing machine"...
    Oops, someone caught me. :cry: Putting in at Antelope is more about the gas mileage.
    I like the channel.
    My wife is neutral now since I took her for a ride through the channel without the kids in the boat. No kids, and she's OK, with kids she don't like.
    The kids do not like the channel at all, they're too light, always afraid they will fly out of the boat.
    The faster you go in our boat the better the ride. 60-65 is just about right for the channel as the boat will get up on top and dance across the bumps. Too low of a speed and the boat just plows like everyone else. Kids can't hang on though above 45 when the channel is rough.
    BTW, June 22-25 we're having a Donzi gathering at Powell, probably 10-15 18' & 22' Donzi Classics from the west, Canada to Texas. It should be cool to see these boats running the channel together in a pack. We'll have my boat a 22' Special Edition HP500 (1 of 3 built), a Limited Edition 502/Blackhawk 22' (1 of 40), a 450HP 18' and several other BBC 22's.

Brian
    I hear ya on the kids/no kids in the boat thing. I'm a lot more willing to trim up hit the gas and let it fly when it's just me and some buddies. When my family is along it's another story. Can't risk the "big one" that you don't see that really hits hard. Oh well that's ok too, because I like cruisin slow most of the time anyways. See ya this summer!

AzLakeLizard
    I hear ya on the kids/no kids in the boat thing. I'm a lot more willing to trim up hit the gas and let it fly when it's just me and some buddies. When my family is along it's another story. Can't risk the "big one" that you don't see that really hits hard. Oh well that's ok too, because I like cruisin slow most of the time anyways. See ya this summer!

Well if you like the "slow" cruise.. you can always follow behind us.. we will smooth out the road... and putz along!

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast