Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If there was supposed to be a school shooting..

DUNDUN
    at your son or daughters school. like there was a sketchy warning written in the school bathroom, would you not have them go to school that day.
    there is supposed to be a school shooting at my school tomorrow,
    half the kids are scared, half the kids are using it as an excuse to ditch, and a few kids like me know it is most likely bs and are going to continue as usual..
    im just wondering what the parents think cuz all night ive been talking to kids saying they arent going for whatever reason.

Outnumbered
    WTF? Call the police. Take no chances. That is a no-brainer.

DUNDUN
    oh everything is already taken care of,
    police will be crawling the school, the school district has released an official statement, etc etc.

YeLLowBoaT
    Just go to school like its a normal day. teachers just love to hand out extra credit or test/quizes worth sevral % of your final grade. Forexample my Sn english class teacher( who was also my english 2b in college...) gave us a 25% extra credit on "senior ditch day". I can't tell you how glad I was that my truck did not start after my 1st class.( witch had a test...)

doesitfloat?
    There was a bomb threat at a local HS recently. Like you said, many kids used it as an excuse to ditch. This is happening quite a bit nationally.
    I would send 'em to school...they're more safe on a day like that with all of the police presence than any other day.
    Also, if we, as a country, jump everytime a threat is made then just making threats becomes as powerful as the acts.

RitcheyRch
    Send them to school. There will be so many cops on campus that there should be no problems. Most likely is a prank. Can only guess that one of the students called the threat in to get out of going to school.

doesitfloat?
    I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that class wasn't English.
    lol :rollside:

NOTALENT
    That happened my junior year of high school. Someone started writing it on bus benches at school and around the school....Same situation...half the people were scared the other half thought B.S. I just wanted an excuse to get out of school. I ditched and went surfing....nothing happned that day, but turns out that some kid that always got called "Polar Bear" and always got picked on spilled to his best freind about a plan....Next day he was arrested...they found all the materials needed to make some nice size bombs and found a few guns in his room.
    This is something to take very seriously IMO. These days it just happens all to much not to be worried.

Her454
    I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that class wasn't English.
    ROTFLMFAO! :rollside: :rollside:

Mrs. casean
    I saw this on the news this morning! :2purples: How scary! I hope nothing happens! But how scary for you and your daughter! I think I would keep her home. I'm sure lots of kids will be staying home today... not worth it to me. Gotta protect our kids!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast