Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thunder on the James III

Thunder on the James III
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    THUNDER ON THE JAMES III
    3rd ANNUAL
    "TOYS FOR TOTS" RUN
    LAKE JAMES
    MORGANTON, NC
    SEPTEMBER 29, 2006 - OCTOBER 2, 2006
    Hotel Information
    HOLIDAY INN
    2400 South Sterling Street
    Morganton, NC 28655
    1-828-437-0171
    Due to growth in the area The Hampton Inn cannot accommodate our needs this year. The Holiday Inn has been very helpful in our parking needs. They have agreed to section off half of the back parking lot for us...if that fills up the General Manager has given us the lot in front of the hotel for parking also. There is plenty of room in the back or on the side of the hotel for our evening gatherings. The Holiday Inn has a restaurant and Lounge on site and there is a Buffet style breakfast on Saturday and Sunday mornings. They have blocked off 40 rooms for our group. They have asked that we wait and call on 7/3/2006 (MONDAY) to make our reservations. They will keep these rooms blocked until 7/31/2006 after that they cannot promise vacancies as this is a busy time for the area.
    Please see link below for all hotel details.
    http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hd/mrnnc
    TOYS FOR TOTS RUN
    The annual "toys for tots" run will be on Saturday as usual..More details will follow from WIDEOPEN as he is working on a time for the Marines to pick up.
    For those who will be new this year..We ask that you bring one toy unwrapped and unused to donate to the Marine National Guard. It doesn't have to be expensive just something for the kids. The Marines will come out to the landing and pick them up like they did last year. We received a certified certificate from the Marine National Guard "TOYS FOR TOTS" foundation last year and I'm sure they will send us one this year.
    ARRIVE/DEPARTURE
    Most people will arrive on Friday and leave out on Monday. Most of us head straight to HOT BOAT ISLAND upon arrival on Friday (noon) and then go to the hotel later to check in. For those who do not know there way around the area please feel free to PM myself or Wideopen for details.
    WEATHER
    As most know weather was a factor last year and this is the reason for moving the date up this year. We are hoping for nice weather.. 70-80 degrees but no one can predict the weather not even the weather man. Watch the boards for T-Shirt orders and other details.
    Looking forward to seeing everyone there.
    Markist

2Sangers
    Just booked 2 rooms for Sat night. I'm bringing my family boat, 75 Sanger Super Jet, and my brother is bringing his Eliminater bubble deck jet. Our buddy is also in with his Fantasy Jet.
    Looking forward to meeting you all.
    Bob

DaveA
    Are there any changes needed to the map based on last year's experiences? Let me know!
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/..._image_map.gif

Just booked 2 rooms for Sat night. I'm bringing my family boat, 75 Sanger Super Jet, and my brother is bringing his Eliminater bubble deck jet. Our buddy is also in with his Fantasy Jet.
    Looking forward to meeting you all.
    Bob
    Great, glad you guys can make it..
    DaveA your right on the money as always...thx
    Markist

Lady Warhawk
    We've made our reservations, and looking forward to seeing everyone on the water one last time before winter.

Mrs.sleekcraft76
    We've made our reservations, and looking forward to seeing everyone on the water one last time before winter.
    Can't wait!!!!!

HammerDown
    Wish I could... :cry:

MizBubba
    Wish I could... :cry:
    WHAT?!?!?!? :jawdrop:
    This is your LAST chance for Banana Pudding this season!!!! :squiggle:

Lady Warhawk
    Can't wait!!!!!
    I can't wait either, but we'll see ya'll before , and after :coffeycup. I got some good pics from last weekend. Now, come on over, and show me how to post them, pweeeeeeese

Mrs.sleekcraft76
    I can't wait either, but we'll see ya'll before , and after :coffeycup. I got some good pics from last weekend. Now, come on over, and show me how to post them, pweeeeeeese
    I'll check with Mike. Maybe we can come over tonight (Tuesday)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast