Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truck Tires?

rodnjen
    I need new tires for a 2002 2500 Silverado Crew 2 wheel drive. A guy at the local tire store recommended Bridgestoned Dueler 285/75 16's. I have stock rims and never go off road, although all-terrain tires will probably work and look the best. The truck is a daily commuter vehicle, no heavy duty use.
    Any recommendatons or preferences?

HCS
    1)Dunlop Rover all terrain. 60,000 mile warranty tire.
    2)Top of the line Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor, made of kevlar. 50,000 mile tire.

jdogginla
    Call Leon/Frenchie........Rubber pays

Flashover
    I have always had the best luck with the BFG All Terrain. but i have also heard good things about the Yokahama. :crossx:

2Driver
    1)Dunlop Rover all terrain. 60,000 mile warranty tire.
    2)Top of the line Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor, made of kevlar. 50,000 mile tire.
    Put the Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor (AT's) on the Chevy Avalanche. They are great. Nice ride and quiet. Great off road if you ever need it. Even though I do 98% street it's nice to have a tough tire. The AT's come in P or LT. Not to be confused with the Wrangler Silent Armor Futura. I got the P as I only tow 6,000 Lbs and the ride is better.
    I have BFG AT's on the land cruiser which is used 90% off road. Great off road but not too good of a ride in the LT's

riverbound
    I have always had the best luck with the BFG All Terrain. but i have also heard good things about the Yokahama. :crossx:
    Same here.....thats why Im putting those on as soon as my Pro-comp Xterrains wear down

LHC30Victory
    Try this link to another SPAM thread. I am sure Travis would like to hear from someone with cash now. These tires and the wider rims should be just what you need!
    http://www.***boat.net/forums/showthread.php?t=101683

PHOTOGLOU
    I need new tires for a 2002 2500 Silverado Crew 2 wheel drive. A guy at the local tire store recommended Bridgestoned Dueler 285/75 16's. I have stock rims and never go off road, although all-terrain tires will probably work and look the best. The truck is a daily commuter vehicle, no heavy duty use.
    Any recommendatons or preferences?
    Although I should know this I DON'T..... Find out the width of the rim and then call and ask a tire shop the range a say 285/75/16 tire should have for a rim.... If my memory serves me correct the stck rim is to skinny for a 285 tire.... Be smart especially if your towing....

rodnjen
    Although I should know this I DON'T..... Find out the width of the rim and then call and ask a tire shop the range a say 285/75/16 tire should have for a rim.... If my memory serves me correct the stck rim is to skinny for a 285 tire.... Be smart especially if your towing....
    Thanks Jay, I'll take a look. I was just at Selman today, I should have stopped by, my bad.
    I only tow maybe 5,000 to 6,000 max, for now anyway.

PHOTOGLOU
    Thanks Jay, I'll take a look. I was just at Selman today, I should have stopped by, my bad.
    I only tow maybe 5,000 to 6,000 max, for now anyway.
    Next time stop by and say Hello.... Good Luck... Jay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast