Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Our New Cheyenne Pgj

sdba069
    Actually, we've had the hull about 6 months. We've done everything in-house except the machine work on the engine. Had to damn near threaten Hans Feustal Racing Engines with a law suit to get the motor pieces back. I put the keel on it, built the engine, built the carbs, plus rigged the boat to this point. We are running a gearbox from Owens, plus a popoff and a ratchet. Been waiting about a month for a new pan from Stef's, got it in this afternoon and it wasn't finished. They didn't drill the right pan rail or install access plugs for the inside pan bolts. SOSDD. Same old Shi$, different day. When I get time I'll add some pictures from the keel mods and intake set. The engine is a 500 CI DRCE II. I also did all the pump work in-house including machine work for Jetaway, popoff, race reverse gate, nozzle mods, and preloader. Double bolted everything on the pump. We'll be running a MSD crank trigger setup with a Digital 7 box, programmable launch controller, and Edelbrock QwikData data acquisition system. Thanks to Steve Brule and Tom Papp for helping me get a lot of the parts rounded up. Thanks to Irvan Capps for building us a clean light boat. I still don't know if that's the right way to spell his name, but he'll know who I'm talking about.

Bense468
    Looks stout....what heads are those?

FuelInMyVeins82
    Motor looks stout. Are you planning on running NJBA, IHBA or what?

Cheyenne372
    Hey 2-R's:
    Better take the Owens out if you want to run SDBA.....they aren't allowed per Page 21 of the 2006 NDBA Rulebook!
    That was also confirmed by Mr. Juan Blanco at Fort Worth.

MikeF
    Looks pretty powerful to me!
    Nice work.

IMPATIENT 1
    AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!! i love cheyenne's! that thing is gonna haul ass! fill us in on the numbers when you get it wet.

olbiezer
    gary ,,,is there a name for that one peace removeable drive shaft? my daytona has the same thing and not being around drag boats much i had never seeen one like it before......

bp
    Hey 2-R's:
    Better take the Owens out if you want to run SDBA.....they aren't allowed per Page 21 of the 2006 NDBA Rulebook!
    That was also confirmed by Mr. Juan Blanco at Fort Worth.
    why not?

Thanks for the update SDBA.
    Are you going to take it for a spin on the dyno?
    Everything looks great! Its hard to tell how far the engine is ahead of the transom,if you dont mind saying, how many inches? Im gonna guess 35.
    If anyone is interested there is a guy selling that same gearbox here on the boards for a good price.
    Chris.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast