Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LAKE MEAD info please

SoCalSouthpaw
    Anyone have info on Mead? :idea: Conditions during the day in the basins. Lodging other than at Lake Mead Resort & Marina. Thanks.

beaverretriever
    Anyone have info on Mead? :idea: Conditions during the day in the basins. Lodging other than at Lake Mead Resort & Marina. Thanks.
    A few of the small Motels in Boulder city are not bad. I personally would stay at the Sunset Station in Henderson. Its only 15-20min away from the lake and real nice. It has one of the best Mexican food restaurants I have ever eaten in. The Fiesta is ok as well but not as nice as the Sunset.
    Mead is awesome. Honestly, I dont think it is as choppy as Havasu most of the time although I have seen it extremely rough, but just find a cove and hang.
    The narrows is my favorite place to hang. Lots of boats and cool scenery.
    Have fun and be careful.

SoCalSouthpaw
    Im thinkin of launching at Lake Mead resort, and driving (on the water) to another launch area up the lake a bit and find some lodging that way.

Holland
    A few of the small Motels in Boulder city are not bad. I personally would stay at the Sunset Station in Henderson. Its only 15-20min away from the lake and real nice. It has one of the best Mexican food restaurants I have ever eaten in. The Fiesta is ok as well but not as nice as the Sunset.
    Mead is awesome. Honestly, I dont think it is as choppy as Havasu most of the time although I have seen it extremely rough, but just find a cove and hang.
    The narrows is my favorite place to hang. Lots of boats and cool scenery.
    Have fun and be careful.
    Have I seen you there???? :boxed:
    As for where to stay... Stay at the Hyatt in Lake Las Vegas. It is at the end of Lake Mead Blvd. 15 min out of Callville Marina... Nice place

BigDogIvan
    Do yourself a favor and launch at Callville. Lake Mead Marina's ramp is WAY to flat.

DILLIGAF
    Do yourself a favor and launch at Callville. Lake Mead Marina's ramp is WAY to flat.
    I will be out there Mon-Thursday and people are telling me to launch at LM Marina instead of Calville because of low water. I have always launched at Calville in the past. Help me out here. Why am I getting conflicting stories? Thanks

OutCole'd
    I will be out there Mon-Thursday and people are telling me to launch at LM Marina instead of Calville because of low water. I have always launched at Calville in the past. Help me out here. Why am I getting conflicting stories? Thanks
    Calville is at a "Launch at your own risk" deal. Water is way low. I would not launch there at all right now. Go to LV Marina instead, you will be fine there.

DILLIGAF
    Calville is at a "Launch at your own risk" deal. Water is way low. I would not launch there at all right now. Go to LV Marina instead, you will be fine there.
    I believe LMM is closer to the gates to get into the park off of Boulder isn't it?

OutCole'd
    I believe LMM is closer to the gates to get into the park off of Boulder isn't it?
    Yep, much closer.

DILLIGAF
    Yep, much closer.
    Thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast