Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hey d-man

IMPATIENT 1
    pulled the nozzle of last nite and went ta cuttin. it worked great! i bet it raised my rooster tail up at least 10ft more.i can knock lake birds outta the sky now. :crossx: i appreciate the help devilman!

shootingstar72683
    Hi. Just sent ya a e-mail. Need some help again. Going to pull the motor today. What's holding the rear?

Devilman
    pulled the nozzle of last nite and went ta cuttin. it worked great! i bet it raised my rooster tail up at least 10ft more.i can knock lake birds outta the sky now. :crossx: i appreciate the help devilman!
    Cool, glad it helped ya out. I'll lose speed if I run it that high, but it's nice to have it there if I want it. Handy for bridges & shit... :crossx:

IMPATIENT 1
    Hi. Just sent ya a e-mail. Need some help again. Going to pull the motor today. What's holding the rear?
    shoot, do ya know what pump you have yet? is it a 12jc or 12je?it says it on top of the pump on the inside of the transom. if it's a 12je there's a clamp that holds the "bellhousing" to the pump. it attaches with two 9/16 bolts that come from the bottom up. loosen them off and slide the motor forward to slip off the slip yoke of the pump.if it's a 12jc just take the bellhousing bolts loose and slide motor forward a bit.

shootingstar72683
    I's a JE. The two 9/16 bolts are on the top. Once the're out, the bell-housing and u-joint remains on the engine ,right?

IMPATIENT 1
    I's a JE. The two 9/16 bolts are on the top. Once the're out, the bell-housing and u-joint remains on the engine ,right?
    yeah, you can just let the shaft hang and leave the bell housin on till you got the motor away from the boat.why did you decide to pull it for?

Taylorman
    Yes, unbolt the two bolts on the bellhousing. Pull out the u shaped clamp on the bottom of the bearing housing. Then hook the engine to a hoist, unbolt the two front mounts, push the engine forward to get the driveshaft off the pump shaft and lift out of the boat. If the engine has not been out in a while it will take some encouraging to get the driveshaft off the pump shaft. Put some grease on it when you put it back on.

shootingstar72683
    yeah, you can just let the shaft hang and leave the bell housin on till you got the motor away from the boat.why did you decide to pull it for?
    This boat needs to be really gone thru. It's been used, but not used-up. I'm going to strip the hull and try to re-paint it myself. I want to pull the underside of the deck, I don't like the flotation. The boat is ridding real wet and seems to list a little left. I don't have a drain hole from the second floor to the bildge. How can you tell if it's holding water?

shootingstar72683
    Yes, unbolt the two bolts on the bellhousing. Pull out the u shaped clamp on the bottom of the bearing housing. Then hook the engine to a hoist, unbolt the two front mounts, push the engine forward to get the driveshaft off the pump shaft and lift out of the boat. If the engine has not been out in a while it will take some encouraging to get the driveshaft off the pump shaft. Put some grease on it when you put it back on.
    How many rpm's should this 455 be turning with a 750Holly? What does a good engine turn?

IMPATIENT 1
    This boat needs to be really gone thru. It's been used, but not used-up. I'm going to strip the hull and try to re-paint it myself. I want to pull the underside of the deck, I don't like the flotation. The boat is ridding real wet and seems to list a little left. I don't have a drain hole from the second floor to the bildge. How can you tell if it's holding water?
    if the floor is rotten, it's holding water in the foam under the floor.i pulled out the bow foam to lighten it up,there wasn't any water in that foam just the floor stuff.you can buy a shoe and ride plate kit from duane htp that will help get the hull alot more "dry" and will make it plane in half the time.the kit gave me @6-8mph too.well worth the dough!!since my floor is hollow, i built in a drain plug hole that exists into my bilge.thata way you can drain it periodically and use a common drain plug to plug it off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast