Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: my conclusion to camp far west

76 sanger hydro
    well i went to camp far west on sat for the first time ever being there . i towed from fairfield,only taking about a hour and a half. once i got to there i noticed only about 75 boats i got to admit there are alot of beautiful boats there, BUT i thought this was going to be more family oriented and organized, what i saw was ok but not my style , fast boats (yes) nice boats (yes) any saftey incase a drastic problem (no) im sorry folks i had a horrible time , i cant see doing this with no ambulance there. i hope no one ever gets hurt but it can happen i will not be at any other events nor will my friends dont be afraid to tell me what you all think . a hospital is to far away and not every one is safe
    [ August 18, 2002, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: 76 sanger hydro ]

Hemiroid
    Since when is there ever a ambulance at the lake? It has never been an organized function like that,but if you want to pay for one by all means please do.That is when you make a decision if your are going to run ,lift when things FEEL like they are going to get out of hand,and wear your safety shit!

WILDERTHANU54
    WELL, THATS KIND OF THE RISK THAT IS AT HAND YES. NEVER BEEN TO "CFW". TO ME THOUGH, IT LOOKS LIKE AN AWESOME PLACE TO GO AND RUN. I GO TO GLAMIS IN THE WINTER, AND YES I DO SHAKE MY HEAD AT MANY OF THE IDIOTS OUT THERE(HOSPITAL = 45 MIN.)!!! SORRY YOU DIDN'T LIKE IT, I CAN'T WAIT TO TOW UP THERE, IT'S SO DAMN FAR FOR ME THOUGH. I NEED MORE PLACES THAN THE RIVER TO PRACTICE.
    GEOFF
    [ August 18, 2002, 10:20 PM: Message edited by: WILDERTHANU54 ]

76 sanger hydro
    i totally understand but i saw some fast boats i just dont want to see someone get hurt thats all. but i did enjoy meeting alot of nice people and seeing cool boats

Kindsvater Flat
    Well if you own the boat your going to take a chance. It doesn't matter if its 15hp or 1500hp. A boat is a boat and a car is a car. How many cars have killed people vs boats? I don't know most of the professions of most of the people there but I do know one thing. I am a mechanic and I like boats. I am also a volunteer fire fighter with an EMT cert. Where ever I go I have a bag with me. Most people that live in rural Northern Ca are members of volunteer depts. I bet that even though no ambulance was there, there was at least one person that was medically trained. I would say 90% of the people that go with me are members and we just gained a new friend who comes with us. His job.....trauma surgeon.
    Have A Nice Day!!!
    ps Even most guys with common sense know when to lift.........even Team Mullet

randy77zt
    i was there on saturday.my boat is the 4 seat mirage outboard.the run-what-you-brung match racing happens because most of these boats dont fit class rules and most people dont want to tow boats hunderds of miles to follow a race series.as far as safety goes it is up to the driver of the boat as to when to run.the only thing that was very unsafe that i saw was when some pwc's were playing around in the middle but everybody quit running then.it was alot more organized than people sand drag racing at glamis on new years day.if some body wanted to do some kind of elimination/1 on 1 style racing with timing and was charging a reasonable amount to run for ambulance standby i would have paid.another problem is noise laws-most of those boats cant run anywhere else .i ran a few times but did not like the water conditions so i quit.it was very much a gearhead crowd.

Mr Dumass
    76 sanger hydro:
    well i went to camp far west on sat for the first time ever being there . i towed from fairfield,only taking about a hour and a half. once i got to there i noticed only about 75 boats i got to admit there are alot of beautiful boats there, BUT i thought this was going to be more family oriented and organized, what i saw was ok but not my style , fast boats (yes) nice boats (yes) any saftey incase a drastic problem (no) im sorry folks i had a horrible time , i cant see doing this with no ambulance there. i hope no one ever gets hurt but it can happen i will not be at any other events nor will my friends dont be afraid to tell me what you all think . a hospital is to far away and not every one is safeSorry to hear that! OK I'm over it!!!!!!!!!!!

smalls
    WOW, You should go on fathers day and check out what goes on in the cove???? I only saw two people that the didn't have there life jackets on, If you going fast you need a life jacket! I hate those jet skis as much as the next guy but they will always be there.
    Other than the six boat wide races and a certain hydro trying to put his wake in every bodys boat it was pretty safe.
    SE YA THERE ON NEW YEARS DAY 2003 .....................

Mr Dumass
    The sucka dat wuz rollin' yo' boat wasn't wearing uh life jacket. He should be strung up an' smok'd. slap mah fro!

smalls
    uhhh yaaaa

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast