Thread: Who says you cant wheelie in a hydro?

Kurtis500
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/518/7boat1.jpg[/img]
    Despite the need to fully adjust the set-up in the boat for the next race, my other boat at least made for a good picture at the starting line. I think this proves he drives with his eyes closed.
    With the motor too far back, a big prop and 12 gears this is the launch you get. After changing all the above for the next race it should calm down. Believe it or not, its actually on its way down.

wsuwrhr
    I want a hydro so bad...kinda like riding a streetbike.
    Brian

ACCEPTENCE
    That's a hellova launch, air time is good and what a thrill!!!

wsuwrhr
    commin from acceptance, I would say that is a good thing.
    Brian

fastvdriver
    thats a great picture never thought I would see a hydro do that off the line. now maybe at the top end of the track on its way over. What all did you find wrong with the set up?

Kurtis500
    Weight balance is what I think is making it launch like that. We left the motor mount location in the place where it was when I bought it. With the fuel tank and battery in the back, and the motor too far back, I think thats what lets it rise so high on the launch. You can see the tank and the battery all the way in the back on the picture. On top of that the 12% gears are too low for the hydro. It reaches max RPM right away, and still ran a 108 this past weekend. I put the battery up in the left sponson on mine and it helped a lot, so we will do it to this boat also. I have another pic to load but the image center is messed up
    We sure have a blast doing this! Its a family affair for sure. After all we had 22 people (some kids) in our group all weekend All had matching shirts too, thanks to Southwest Ambulance!

Kurtis500
    Heres another pic of the two boats. Bad thing about this picture is the white boat you see to the right is Plumb Crazier TFH. We payed close attention to the clock so we knew when to expect the hearing loss. This has to be one of the loudest spots to be in at a drag boat race, behind one of these guys.
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/518/7TheDuo2-med.jpg[/img]

Sangster
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/118a44-med.jpg[/img]