Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Schiada 21RC V-drive!

SFV2RVR
    I know there was a previous thread regaurding this topic! Any out there still for sale?

mbrown2
    There out there....and threads like may bring them out of the woodwork for you....30K on the low side to 90K on the highside for a used 21 V drive and that could be anywhere from a late 70's to a 2003 21 RC...

SFV2RVR
    I have roughly 35k to spend. I know it will obviously be an older one, but ive seen a few clean ones in that ballpark. Revndaves, for instance. A 79', but super clean!

Schiada Time
    You can either spend 30-35K for an old one or buy one like I did and spend up to 30K to get it on the water. Pay once cry once or drag it out. I bought my' 1974 '22 Schiada V-drive back in Feb. for $7,500 less engine and it needed a transom, the transmission rebuilt, re-wired, gauges, a fresh powerplant, a million trips to the hardware store...you see where I am going with this. After totaling up reciepts last night I am getting off light at 22K and I still have about 3 weeks work left to do between re-wiring it and doing the water plumbing. Eventually my boat will require new interior and it came with no bimini and my soon-to-be wife mentioned the dreaded words last weekend that no V-drive owner ever wants to hear "swimstep". The trailer is by no means pretty but will get the job done. At the end of the day there is no better boat though. I grew up in a '22 I/O and my parents have had two of them (they have never owned a different kind of boat). I know where a '21 V-drive with a 502 is For sale. The guy is not in a real big hurry to sell it but a friend of mine use to own it and it is very clean. Its a '79 and is ornage and white with woodgrain. Send me a PM and I'll get you the guys #.
    Travis

Rattle Can Lou
    SFV2RVR, Is that a woodeck Samger in your picture. We built a boat exactly the same paint scheme in San Jose in about 1970. The boat was called "Revolution". The giy that had us build it worked for Levi Straus. Just Curious. That paint sheme is not common. RCL

Rattle Can Lou
    I was wrong about the date. It must of been about 72-73. He drove a brand new yellow 72 short box truck. I saw on your profile that you were born in 75. That's funny...

SFV2RVR
    Rattlle can lou...The boat in my pic is a 74' Byers, with a wood deck. We are in the process of getting the deck redone as we speak. I followed your wood deck project along too. That thing was beautiful!

revndave
    I have roughly 35k to spend. I know it will obviously be an older one, but ive seen a few clean ones in that ballpark. Revndaves, for instance. A 79', but super clean!
    Thanks

SFV2RVR
    Thanks
    Revndave......You wouldnt want to sell that thing would ya?.....I sure its the worst boat youve ever owned! j/k!

SFV2RVR
    Will do! Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast