Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Web Design Program?

Outnumbered
    I want to learn how to design and build a web page. Should I go to a school or is it easy to self-teach? What is the best program to use?
    I don't really want to use a service as this is something I have wanted to learn to do myself for some time.
    Thanks in advance for the help.

OGShocker
    Dreamweaver 8.0 period!

Outnumbered
    Dreamweaver 8.0 period!
    Where can I get it and do I need a class to learn to use it?
    Thanks

Cole Trickle
    Subscribing.......

Outnumbered
    Subscribing.......
    Are your keyboards limited to 3 word responses?
    Any way you could elaborate?
    Thanks

Cole Trickle
    Are your keyboards limited to 3 word responses?
    Any way you could elaborate?
    Thanks
    Subscribing to the thread becaue I am interested in doing the same thing.
    Like you I am looking for info and have none to share.

spectratoad
    I took a class in Dreamweaver at the Community college. The program was pretty easy to learn but it was really hard to concentrate in class because the teacher was really hot.

uvindex
    I want to learn how to design and build a web page. Should I go to a school or is it easy to self-teach? What is the best program to use?
    I don't really want to use a service as this is something I have wanted to learn to do myself for some time.
    Thanks in advance for the help.Creating and publishing a simple web page is definitely something you can teach yourself. The more complex of a page you're contemplating the more likely you might need to take a class and/or get outside help (this is just a general statement, of course).
    There are a wealth of books and web sites that will help you learn web design stuff on your own. Here's just one that's pretty good: http://www.w3schools.com/ If you go to your local library or bookstore you'll see LOTS of books on learning to do web development.
    As mentioned, Dreamweaver is a great web development application. However, it is not free (although they do offer a 30-day trial version). It is also not the easiest to learn, as it is so powerful. To get your feet wet, without spending any money, I recommend Mozilla Composer -- it is free yet still fairly powerful. It is also pretty easy to use. You can download it here: http://www.mozilla.org/products/mozilla1.x/ (it's part of the Mozilla Suite). If you decide to use Dreamweaver later, you can still edit the page that you originally created with Composer.
    Good luck!

h2oski2fast
    I know nothing of what you are talking about. BTW, I use Dreamweaver. Sometimes the code that Dreamweaver makes is a little extensive for the final output, but it is very powerfull.

Using Dreamweaver here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast