Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need some information about about Lake Mojave.

Big_Gunz_
    IÂ’m heading up to Lake Mead next week and I want to do the dam run (Lake Mojave) one day, weÂ’ll be at Lake Mead for a week. I think IÂ’ll drive down and launch from Cottonwood sometime during the week, probably on Wednesday. If I could get any information on hazards to look out for while making the run would be a great help, ie: hidden sandbars, rocks, what side of the river to avoid. IÂ’ve made the run from KatherineÂ’s to Willow, but havenÂ’t gone past Willow. IÂ’ve also printed out a map off the internet to show places to stop and check out, IÂ’m just worried about the hidden hazards.
    Thanks for the help.

Edmond
    I have made that run several times, you wont have any problems till you get close to the dam. Maybe the last quarter mile or so, then it gets a little shallow on the left (you will be about 5mph here anyway), but it has never been a problem.

burtandnancy
    You may also consider launching out of Willow Beach (across Hoover Dam)...

Big_Gunz_
    Thanks for the information, bump to see if I can get some more.

hava life
    If the wind comes up don't get caught in the middle of the lake there are a lot of real nice beaches and coves all over . Have a good time

LHC30Victory
    If the wind comes up don't get caught in the middle of the lake there are a lot of real nice beaches and coves all over . Have a good time
    I kinda like the middle of the lake when the wind comes up

a catered life
    where will you be staying?

Pheelin Phroggy
    We ran from katherines to the dam and back last weekend in our 28' Velocity, took 45 minutes to get to launch, and 45 minutes to pull out (zoo at the launch ramp). Definately recommend launching up lake (Cottonwood or Willow), Lower basin had about 3' rollers, upper had about 2' rollers all day. Had no problem with water depth, just idiots around Katherines and Cottonwood. We ran pretty much center river all the way up from Willow to the Damn with no problem.
    Enjoy your trip

Big_Gunz_
    where will you be staying?
    We're staying in Vegas for the week. We thought it would be a good change to drive down to Lake Mojave for a day or two.

Big_Gunz_
    We ran from katherines to the dam and back last weekend in our 28' Velocity, took 45 minutes to get to launch, and 45 minutes to pull out (zoo at the launch ramp). Definately recommend launching up lake (Cottonwood or Willow), Lower basin had about 3' rollers, upper had about 2' rollers all day. Had no problem with water depth, just idiots around Katherines and Cottonwood. We ran pretty much center river all the way up from Willow to the Damn with no problem.
    Enjoy your trip
    Thanks for the tips. We'll be driving down from Vegas so we'll launch at Cottonwood. We'll make the trip on Wednesday so I don't think we'll have to worry about traffic at the ramps.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast