Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Puppy Help!

payloan
    I just picked up an 8 week old Yellow Lab Last Sunday and although it's really cool looking the little sucker will not stop nipping, especially at my little ones. Does anyone know of a good way to stop this while he is still young? Does anyone know of any good puppy trainers here in the Orange Count area?

The Jerk
    you have to catch them doing it. try this.
    when you see it happen yell or in a firm voice say No so it startles them. let the little one pet the pup while holding the snout. good positive praise then give a treat. might take a while and be frustraighting but shoul get the ball rolling.

OGShocker
    I just picked up an 8 week old Yellow Lab Last Sunday and although it's really cool looking the little sucker will not stop nipping, especially at my little ones. Does anyone know of a good way to stop this while he is still young? Does anyone know of any good puppy trainers here in the Orange Count area?
    Google ROCKS!!!.. (http://www.laokay.com/DogTraining_oc.htm)

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    Bite back! :rollside:

lewiville
    my sister in-law has raised several dogs in her life time. When she would get a new dog, one of the things she would do if the dog was doing something like "nipping" she would use a spray bottle to spray it in the snout. Its cools because its instant and you can shoot from the hip :rollside:
    Remeber not to use your wipe down solution

spectratoad
    good positive praise then give a treat.
    Just be careful because if after a few times they don't get a treat they will eat the kids.
    I have always found though that a shovel across the head will cure nipping at the kids. Just kidding
    The firm voice when you catch them should do the trick as well as having the kids pet them. Right now it is all about the puppy play and he probably doesn't realize he is biting. If that doesn't work refer to the above. :220v:

copterzach
    Rub his nose in it and tell him NO!

squirt'nmyload
    shock collar???

reDECKulous
    bear trap?

Bradman
    my sister in-law has raised several dogs in her life time. When she would get a new dog, one of the things she would do if the dog was doing something like "nipping" she would use a spray bottle to spray it in the snout. Its cools because its instant and you can shoot from the hip :rollside:
    Remeber not to use your wipe down solution
    My sister also did the spray bottle trick, and to my suprise it worked. She would put that spray bottle on her table and those dogs would run for cover.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast