Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: north SD to havasu thru occotillo wells??

riverroyal
    anyone go this way,over palomar mtn,lake henshaw,occotillo wells,brawley,glamis,blithe then to erinburg????I may try it friday,to avoid temecula.It looks like 270 miles from carlsbad area,close to the same as every other way I go,,,,anyone,anyone? :rollside:

Dezertrider
    We go to ocotillo every other weekend, during riding season. It's an okay drive, 2 lane hwy, some hills. Can be rough towing a heavy load, but with a boat it shouldn't be bad. Fridays from 4-6, you'll hit a little traffic off the 5 thru the 78, not too bad though.

Ziggy
    Not the most efficient way to go from our locale Mr Royal.........
    Have you taken the 79s, 371,74 10 route??? Thats my way to avoid all the Beaumont/Banning bouncing.
    Main question would be if you're towing anything? IF not thru Ocotillo may be ok.....consider hitting 86n and catch the 10 in Indio vs thru glamis/blythe :idea:

TOBTEK
    I WOULD RATHER USE THESE
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...weezers_xl.jpg
    AND END UP LIKE THIS
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/.../135steves.jpg
    THAN DRIVE OVER PAL mountain, through lake Hensaw, hang a right go down the twisty roller coaster road with F-ing cows crossing over the road. Hang a left though the canyon were I saw a dude on a crotch rocket die after he over shot a corner. pop into ROCK-A-TEA-AH than maybe over through Indio or the springs......
    on second thought..... you should do this route and report back Tuesday
    Take Ziggy's advise.... its the best way from NC

bruddah
    ya definately not the most efficient but it works. usually go the same route as mentiond and am in the same area as you.

riverroyal
    Not the most efficient way to go from our locale Mr Royal.........
    Have you taken the 79s, 371,74 10 route??? Thats my way to avoid all the Beaumont/Banning bouncing.
    Main question would be if you're towing anything? IF not thru Ocotillo may be ok.....consider hitting 86n and catch the 10 in Indio vs thru glamis/blythe :idea:
    just like you zig,I was just looking at another option,friday traffic.Im not towing anything.....TOB,anyway I go is better than you,your not goin!!!!!!!talk the wife into it,im not hung over anymore

squirt'nmyload
    anyone go this way,over palomar mtn,lake henshaw,occotillo wells,brawley,glamis,blithe then to erinburg????I may try it friday,to avoid temecula.It looks like 270 miles from carlsbad area,close to the same as every other way I go,,,,anyone,anyone? :rollside:
    that would be a tease driving through the dunes.....the seasons coming!!!!

riverroyal
    that would be a tease driving through the dunes.....the seasons coming!!!!
    yfz 450?how bout a raptor 350,both 05 :rollside:

Ziggy
    just like you zig,I was just looking at another option,friday traffic.Im not towing anything.....TOB,anyway I go is better than you,your not goin!!!!!!!talk the wife into it,im not hung over anymore
    I can rip thru that route in the truck and leave most behind.......My brother following in a Beemer couldn't believe it...LOL
    I know, as probably you do, every turn, dip, bump or outcropping there is...
    Drive safe bro and stay away from the twice a year revelers on the lake...

riverroyal
    I can rip thru that route in the truck and leave most behind.......My brother following in a Beemer couldn't believe it...LOL
    I know, as probably you do, every turn, dip, bump or outcropping there is...
    Drive safe bro and stay away from the twice a year revelers on the lake...
    Im usually pushing someone down that hill in my truck also

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast