Thread: 2002 GMC Yukon issues, GM fans and Techs Opinions Please

19Kona
    Ok, the extended warranty on my 2002 Yukon is going to run out in a couple months. Here are the issues:
    1. My fuel pump began to make a low hum (louder than before) when I arrived in AZ last time from CA. It does not do this on short trips. So ofcourse the dealer "can not duplicate the problem." I am afraid of the truck dying on my way to or from AZ next trip with the family on board.
    2. The brakes are still spungy and appear to be getting worse. The brake pedal now passes the gas pedal when I am heading down to the launch ramp with the boat in tow.
    3. Recently the AC stopped working at idle. I read the other post about the acumulator going bad - do I have the same system as a 2004? (mine is an 02)
    4. Almost from the begining it has made an engine knock sound at idle. Dealer said it is injectors. I have never heard injectors making an engine knock before and I have had and worked on many cars.
    The truck has 36k miles, is the 5.3L with tow package. I bought it new. It has been pampered since day 1 including synthetic oil from 15k miles. I am really fed up with the run around from the local dealer who I will begin to bash on all boards if I keep getting crapy warranty work (actually no warranty work). I am considering on trading in for a toyota and I hate it.
    Sorry for the long post, had to vent. Appreciate all responses.

Outnumbered
    Every Chevy truck I have had that was MPI/EFI had injector issues. I was told that GM actually will honor injector replacement on out of warranty trucks. I know they did it for me several years ago. Two of the trucks I had also had fuel pump issues. Mine were both replaced under warranty. GM told me that the problem is that there fuel systems are sensitive to poor fuel quality and that it must be the gas stations I was going to. Well, we always used different stations and had no way to know which ones were the "bad" ones. Anyway, I finally got fed up and bought a Dodge.

Lightning
    Do a chevy forum search for "piston slap" - that may be one of your problems... My buddy just had his ac go out....was $1000 repair for the pump and accumulator, covered under GMPP warranty for $100. Check you brake fluid, may be toasted from towing...

VDRIVERACING
    I have a 2004 Tahoe. Runs OK, but the brakes didn't impress me. I added 3 piston front calipers from Stainless Steel brake Co. These use same pads as the Corvette, and fit under the stock 17" wheels. Cost me about a grand, but after a couple hundred miles the improvement was noticable without a trailer, and very welcome with the boat in tow.
    I had a relay on the passenger side AC duct go out, and no cool air to that side. The dealer replaced the actuator relay, and we're back in action...

kraig
    Outnumbered hit on the head.....Pistonslap.com