Thread: T-tank question

What is the purpose of a T-tank? My hondo only has the two side fuel tanks. I would like to set this boat up for drag racing. Should I install one?

Gunslinger,
    I would say some of the advantages of the "T" would be weight of the tanks, allong with this would be the weight of the fuel, the "T" will pick up more fuel from the tank so you don't need to carry as much. Also in holding less fuel you won't store as much in the tanks between races.
    They are also nice when running a bypass regulater.
    Is the boat going to be a drag race only deal? If so you can get away with a bullet tank which is all the better for the above reasons. If you are going to also use as a lake boat, Put a bullet in with a valve to switch tank's or IMCO can build you a "T" tank which can hold alot of fuel. I just ordered a tank with a special sump. It is going to hold 15 gal. for my sprint boat.
    Good luck
    Morg.

Sangerboy
    Gunslinger, another advantage that Morg alluded to but didn't elaborate on was the positive sump effect of the T-tank. If your side tanks are half full or less slowing down quickly will surge the fuel to the front of the tanks away from the pickup and cause your fuel pump to suck air for a bit. Not many side tanks are baffled to prevent this. With a T-tank the fuel can slosh around inside all it wants but the fuel outlet at the bottom of the tank is almost always covered with fuel.

superdave013
    The reason I ran one. Fuel injector pumps like Hilborn and Enderly's are not self primming and don't like to run dry. With a t-tank the fuel level is higer then the pump so it's summersed in fuel all the time.
    Plus the flow a ton of fuel and return what the engine does not use. My t-tank had a 1" NPT fitting on the very bottom that had a -12 line going to the pump. It had three 3/8" bungs in the top for returns.