Thread: Anybody know anything about Larry Peto of Lary's Engine & Marine in Tuscon?

htmer
    Just wanted to know if anyone has had work done by Larry or if they have insight on his engine building capabilities...

Craig
    Scott, I sent you an e-mail. Don't know if it's work or not, but I have lots of info (good) on Larry Peto, A bunch of us have used him to build our motors with great results. He's not cheap, but you get what you pay for and when it comes to these floating money eaters, it's worth it. He did my heads on the 454 and all the machine work on my 509. I'm sure you'll get a lot more info tossed in here shortly on Larry.
    Craig

Donnie
    I know of about 7 or 8 people including myself that have Larry engines.I my opinion he is the best engine builder in the west.He will stand behind all the work he does.
    I would not think of ever having another engine.
    By the way this will be my thrid season with a 888hp motor,about 150 hours.
    Donnie

Whipple Charged
    I second that, he does great work. Hey Donnie, did you ever get those stickers? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
    Thanks,
    Dustin

Donnie
    Dustin I never did get those stickers,I thought you were just blowing me off.I will send you my address again and maybe I will get the stickers this time.
    To all those that read this the WHIPPLE intercooler is the best.
    Donnie

CSX4266
    Donnie, did you say Dustin is sending you stickers? Bigger is better! htmer- Larry Peto builds HP!!! That's why his nicknamed "The Evil Toymaker".

DogHouse
    Big thumbs up from me. I've had nothing but great service from his shop. He's also very helpful and will always take time to answer your questions even if you're not buying anything. However, he does charge full retail for all parts and will perform all measurements and machining necessary to make sure that every part in the motor is perfect, i.e. be prepared to spend some money! Like Craig said, you get what you pay for.
    -Brian

HeavyHitter
    Known Larry for years (20+). Always been a straight shooter. See his stuff at http://www.larrysengine.com/enggallery.htm
    The turbo hemi is my work but the rest are his.