Thread: Diverter question.

Taylor Jet
    '76 Taylor SS BBF, Berk 12-JF pump.
    I am having trouble getting my plane diverter to trim down under power. I will start out with it down and move it up with no problems, but if I try to move it back down under power the lever moves fine but there is just no response at the nozzle. If I let off the gas it will move back most of the time on the first try. I don't think it has always been like this, but I could be wrong. I also don't see the possibility that the lever could move independent of the nozzle.
    All I know about it is the floor mount says "Tri-metric" and it is cable operated.

Tn_River_Ratt
    Sounds to me like your cable is broke. Have someone hold the lever and you move the nozzle and see if there is any slack.
    Ratt
    87 Taylor LP 468 BBC

texas-19
    Their is a cable housing hold down clamp under the lever,you will have to take
    the cover off to see it.That clamp that holds the cable housing from moving may have come loose enough so it will hold it down with no load but under load the housing will slide back and forth under the clamp.I've has that happen to me anyway.
    Hey,where you at in Southeast tx?