Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 460 Distributor Help!

TopCat
    Is anybody familiar with the prestolite distributors that came on the jet boats in the early 80's? I am having a problem finding a distributor cap and rotor for mine. It has a tan cap with an o ring underneath and the o ring went south so figured it was time for a rebuild....Anybody have an idea where I might find a cap? Napa could not find a match for mine. I have a Accel dual pt & a mallory dual pt( the mallory needs some shims) I could part with but only if you're a Cowboy fan

skeeter
    as in Dallas Cowboys?

skeeter
    would like to buy a used ford vacume dist with two brain boxess?bought it last year from greaser and never used it.
    Appreciate it but I want to stay with a point distributor. I am running a msd 6al and what I like about the combination is that if the msd quits, I can bypass around it and keep it running. I don't know of another combo that will work like that unless somebody has some other ideas.

turbodaveg
    Hey Dave Here...i Put A Prestolite In My Mach-1 And It Used A Early Chrysler Cap As An Alternate...hope This Helps ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12