Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Park Moabi?

HavasuSelect
    How far is it from Havasu? Are there any obstructions I need to look out for (rocks, shallow spots, etc.)? Is it a good party spot?

Havasu_Dreamin
    How far is it from Havasu? Are there any obstructions I need to look out for (rocks, shallow spots, etc.)? Is it a good party spot?
    North of Topock. Family atmoshpere, nothing like the Sandbar and hopefully it stays that way.

Mandelon
    How far? Maybe a half hour boat ride to the North. I suppose it depends on your boat...pontoon...? Maybe an hour... Just pass Topock on the other side of the river is Moabi. I think they ding you for $5.00 to use the beach. Water is colder up there, but I suppose is OK this time of year. Nice sand, quieter environment.

Todd969
    Approx 24 miles north of the lake ( clarifying the channel ). Just watch the channel coming in, stay approx 100yards to the left of the center reeds.

Ultracrazy
    North of Topock. Family atmoshpere, nothing like the Sandbar and hopefully it stays that way.
    Amen.........would love to keep the family types.......lots of kids and dogs.

HavasuSelect
    Thanks for the info everyone!

Bradman
    Amen.........would love to keep the family types.......lots of kids and dogs.
    I hope it stays that way too, but if they keep making changes in the channel, sooner or later they'll be there. :yuk:

Havasu_Dreamin
    I hope it stays that way too, but if they keep making changes in the channel, sooner or later they'll be there. :yuk:
    Let's hope not. From what I have seen it seems the peeps that frequent Moabi tend to police themselves to avoid all the non-sense you see at the Sandbar.....Moabi is a great place for families to go and not worry about all the other shenanigans.....Did I just use the word shenanigans?

We were there about a month ago and the water in the Moabi Channel was worse than elsinore....Also of green floating and I think I even saw a sea monster or two....The bugs were pretty bad too...Hopefully they have cleaned it up since then...

chub
    Let's hope not. From what I have seen it seems the peeps that frequent Moabi tend to police themselves to avoid all the non-sense you see at the Sandbar.....Moabi is a great place for families to go and not worry about all the other shenanigans.....Did I just use the word shenanigans?
    AMEN! And yes you did!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast