Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: heat your

blowncarrera777
    gonna blow up that poor old stock motor under that blower before the tower park run man. Be easy on it

Heatseeker
    Nah. She's only turning 5000 rpm. Making about 400 hp. She'll run like that for a long time. Besides, I'm real easy on it (until the end of the season).
    I installed a boost gauge over the weekend and it says 4 lbs. at 5000 rpm. Of course this only a driveway figure. I was hoping to put it in the water today, but I' hung up on another project.

Heatseeker
    I said the hell with it and put the Heatseeker in the river for a little playtime today.
    She sure runs sweet! I observed the following boost readings:
    1000-4500 rpm 20 in hg. vacuum to zero boost
    4600 rpm 2 lbs boost
    4800 rpm 4 lbs. boost
    5000 rpm 5 lbs. boost.
    And that's all she wrote, 5lbs. at 5 grand at 66 mph. According to the berkeley chart, we're pushing about 400 hp.
    I can't wait to get my other engine done!!!
    Hey blowncarerra, you're right, we need to hook up on one of these Mondays for some delta fun.
    [This message has been edited by Heatseeker (edited June 11, 2002).]

hulshot
    hey count me in on some delta fun!!

blowncarrera777
    Hey heat, I,m a little confused here. How did you get yur boost to read on trailer with no load on motor???? Mine never reads anything on trailer. I'm going to rollins tomorrow to meet cas for a while , then I,m going to berryessa on Sunday to run with Al and Kz. Al got a new tunnel boat, it looks nice, except its a jet LOL. Keep in touch , hey hul when am i gettin that ride??? I,m talkin to the guy about the AO

blowncarrera777
    Oh and if i get the 26 AO, there will be one nice little missile carrera w/ 468, mega blower, merlin heads, lightnings, dual nickerson built 750's, arneson drive, 90 mph , extremely nice riding 21 ft carrera for sale

Heatseeker
    I wish I were going for a ride today!!!
    I doubt I'll be going out on Monday, either. Won't know until tomorrow night. I never know what the heck I'm doing one day to the next....
    I'd like to go up to Rollins and hang out with Cas too, but it's way the hell out there for me.

hulshot
    blowncarrera777 what about Berryessa on Sunday? My drive is here but my bud left me on the trailer this week because he didnt get around to my lower gearset. Man I'm itchen to get out but I have no ride yet. I'll give you a ride as soon as I get my drive on.

shreddz
    Any of you guys gonna be at the Delta over the July 4th holiday?? I'm driving a blown alcohol dragster at Sears Point June 29-30, then i'm hangin' at the Delta all week. I wanna ride in a boat with a blower!
    -chris

hulshot
    No going to Shasta for a week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast