Thread: BIG PROPS to Roostwear ! ! !

1968Droptop
    Hey Mike, many many many thanks to you ! ! ! For those who don't know, he helped a buddy out by loaning a set of rare BOSS 429 headers to a freind so he could break his engine in on the dyno. He shipped them across the country, all the while trying to heal himself up. Not only that, but was very patient in the process (had a few troubles with the BOSS 9). Just wanted to say thanks Mike, not many peeps would loan a set of headers out to a guy he'd never even met in person.
    P.S. Enjoy that manifold

Believe me, it was my pleasure. Got this big box yesterday from DHL and I had the boys carry it around to the garage. I didn't even look at it until this morning when I TRIED to lift it. I thought to myself, "self, your gettin' old 'cuz those headers weren't that heavy when they left!"
    I saw the letter taped to the box and read it... still not having opened it. I figured you had a warped sense of humor until I opened it and found an FE Holley Street Dominator intake! That was absolutely too cool, not expected, and more than appreciated!
    I still have my people looking for another Boss 9 street head, so if the headers are needed for more dyno time, just holler.
    Thanks again.... another great ***boater.

victorfb
    waaaaay cool. id like more threads like this please!!!...

W.O.T
    sounds good roostwear. people like you that help are awesome and geting harder to come by these days

1968Droptop
    I saw the letter taped to the box and read it... still not having opened it. I figured you had a warped sense of humor until I opened it and found an FE Holley Street Dominator intake!
    That was all Tony's idea Mike. After he chatted with you on the phone about the boat your working on he came over to my house (he doesn't have a comp). We looked on Craig's list locally and what do we find, that very Holley Street Dominator manifold for sale. We thought, PERFECT , that's the exact manifold you wanted, a deal was struck, and off it went to CA. Just wanted to say thanks in a small way for helping a fellow boater out ! ! ! Hope that arm gets healed up good so you anjoy your new toy !

kingcole80
    You just dont meet people like that any more, thumbs up to you Roost, Here in S. Florida everyone i meet has to be watched LOL hell i have a hard time getting a tool back after i lend it to a neighbor, god i miss the midwestLOL

Riverat84
    JESUS! talk about a good dead guys....f' sho good lookin out roost..
    Reid

This really wasn't a big deal. If someone needs help and I can assist, I do. I guess it's an "old school" concept now, but it's the way I've lived and can't change now. I am glad it's appreciated, but wish more people would realize there's plenty of time for number 1, and it really doesn't take much to help other people.OK, off the soapbox now.....

1968Droptop
    .....and it really doesn't take much to help other people.OK, off the soapbox now.....
    No soap box, just the truth. it seems as every person we've met throug ***boat, and by chance has been a real honest and helpful person, such as yourself. I really wish I'd gotten into boating some time ago, missed out on a lot of fun and great peeps.