Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Road Runner Lottery Winner!

Boatcop
    Parker couple wins $1.4M lottery prize
    By John Gutekunst
    Saturday, September 2, 2006 10:54 PM MDT
    A Parker couple, Diane and Don McCormack, are the latest jackpot winners in the Arizona State Lottery's “The Pick” game.
    The McCormacks had one of the winning tickets in The Pick drawing on Aug. 30. The ticket was worth $1,472,056.80. The total jackpot for the drawing was $5.1 million. Lottery officials said the second winner has not come forward yet. That ticket was purchased in Peoria.
    The couple purchased their ticket on Aug. 30 at the upriver Circle K store located five miles north of Parker. Don said Diane had gone to the store to buy ice cream, but she forgot to purchase lottery tickets. Don went to the store, but it was too late to purchase Powerball tickets, so he purchased The Pick tickets instead.
    The McCormacks learned they had the winning ticket when Don checked the Lottery's web site.
    “We got lucky!” he said.
    Diane was skeptical when her husband told her they had won. “I didn't believe him,” Diana said. “I thought he was kidding.”
    The McCormacks own the Road Runner Dock Bar & Grill, located on the Parker Strip, seven miles north of Parker. They've lived in the area since 1982. They purchased the Road Runner in 1983 and later sold it. Then Don owned the local Chevrolet dealership for a time. He became owner of the bar again when it was repossessed.
    The McCormacks plan to use some of the funds to take care of things for their grandchildren; pay off some bills and invest the rest.

shueman
    Very nice....

CBadDad
    Cool, maybe they'll clean that place up.

JetBoatRich
    What a great Feeling they must have

HocusPocus
    good for them.. thats great. i have thought about winning the lottery but i have never even played it.

SHOTKALLIN
    Wow youre already rich and you win the lottery. Must be nice. :rollside:

wsuwrhr
    Yep

ratso
    ...ain't that the truth. It could be raining pussy and I'd get hit in the head with a dick... :hammer2:

wsuwrhr
    ...ain't that the truth. It could be raining pussy and I'd get hit in the head with a dick... :hammer2:
    I'd get hit in the head with a hammer.

2Driver
    Maybe they can redo the bathrooms now or at least clean them :rollside:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast