Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any one know who sunk their flat botom in Parker yesterday?

ParkerRat
    Didnt see the wreck but talked to few people who did. Appearently two Flat bottome type boats were racing in front of Castle Rock Saturday around 2:00 in th eafternoon and one of them caught a wave and stuffed it. The boat pretty much deintigrated and sank. From what I was told the driver "messed up his leg" but other than that was ok. Any one hear anything else about this? They raised the boat this morning and I saw it leaving Castle Rock. Not much left of it. At least it looked like the Motor and drive were pretty much in tact. hope the driver is ok.

slink
    What color was it? Were they from CR?

Riverkid
    Running on a 3 day weekend??? Maybe they were K boats? That's just nutty.

slink
    Running on a 3 day weekend??? Maybe they were K boats? That's just nutty.
    That's what I was thinking. I know Steve (beautiful noise) is up there this weekend at CR, but I highly doubt his flattie is anywhere near the water.

Riverkid
    I've seen lots of swamped boats on the strip through the years, and having a little 21' you know why we are home this weekend....
    You working this weekend?

ParkerRat
    2:00 pm on labor day weekend at that! It looked like it was a yellow and orangish boat maybe? Hard to tell from what was left. Someone told me the guy driving it was staying at Rio. Like I said, this is all heresay so dont hold me to any of the details.

slink
    I've seen lots of swamped boats on the strip through the years, and having a little 21' you know why we are home this weekend....
    You working this weekend?
    Got called in this morning on a rape, been here since 9am. Waiting for a call from the DA, then home to have a cold one.

Riverkid
    Prolly put his leg through the dash... If it wasn't a T deck, it is now... Hate to see that stuff happen.

Boatcop
    Driver of the boat that sank "hurt" his ankle, but refused transport and treatment.
    Driver of the boat he was racing got a free trip to Needles, courtesy of the San Bernardino SO. Seems he pushed more than the tach needle over the limit.

ParkerRat
    Guess that explains why they were racing at 2:00 in the afternoon on Labor Day weekend

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast