Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V Drive tech not in the last issue of Hot Boat

superdave013
    What's up with that? Maybe you guys are so helpfull here that there is non left over for Jim. I donno about you guys but that's always one of the first sections I read. Now I had to go straight to looking at the blonde in the hydro!
    Come out of lurker mode Jim and tell us what the REAL scoop is.

Moneypitt
    Superdave, is that the issue with the blown 427 Ford hydro/flat/runner from the sixties? If so, anyway you can scan and send/post the pics? People at Irvine said it was a twin to my hydroflite, and I'd like to see it. Yes I know, go buy the mag, but around here its hard to find. Is there anywhere here on the site to see the magazine pics? .....Moneypitt (Ray)

superdave013
    Nope, that was the one before. Sorry no scanner and I don't have my digi cam anymore. But that boat was just like yours.

e-ticket
    Moneypitt
    I have that issue. It's yours! wink
    [ August 20, 2003, 06:14 PM: Message edited by: e-ticket ]

GofastRacer
    e-ticket:
    Moneypitt
    I have that issue. It's yours! wink Are you getting that Barron dialed in ok??..

Moneypitt
    Well yeah, gofastracer, we tried a standard ol' down the road GM point dist. with a hot wired blue streak coil, with just the centrf. advance, (no vac) and it sounded good. It also had some wet plugs, (2) but they were ac 45s, and looked awfully cold to me,(recessed). E ticket has since put the GM remote coil HEI back in it with some autolite 26s, (I think), and we'll re time it in the next day or two, and maybe get it wet soon. Then it's up to gary to get some seat time and get comfortable with the way it is and wring its neck!!!!! Then we can start to dial in the boat, if needed!!!!! BTW when is RR???? and what's the camping deal...maybe I can swing it..Moneypitt

Moneypitt
    And thanks E ticket, The mag issue is cool, to bad it's not MY boat though....Oh well.. And hey, I gotta see the video of the hydro at irvine, I'll call you tomorrow, and we'll get together and time the baron and watch the video. Have you thought about pyramid for testing, instead of casitias,(low water). Anyway we'll talk...Moneypitt

Thunderbutt
    superdave013:
    What's up with that? Maybe you guys are so helpfull here that there is non left over for Jim. I donno about you guys but that's always one of the first sections I read. Now I had to go straight to looking at the blonde in the hydro!
    Come out of lurker mode Jim and tell us what the REAL scoop is. Superdave, you'er right, I think that most of the v-drive guys are more intune with there boats, and have had boats longer and are more knowledgeable. Boy am I going to get some shit from the other forums. Hay I can't help it. IT'S TRUE.

68campbell
    I agree w/ thunderbutt. We're to smart to need a tech column. We know everything, just ask us.

JWM
    Superdave: Sometimes the V-Drive Tech gets bumped because of last second demands on the magazine. Hot Boat should be back on track now.
    JW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast