Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how r your amps hooked up

squirt'nmyload
    do you guys have them going to the perko(sp) switch or do they go strait to a battery????

phebus
    Mine are off Perko, so if I run the batteries down that feed them, I can still start my boat.

phebus
    You really should isolate your stereo batteries from your starting battery.

OCMerrill
    We do the same thing. I have a starting battery on "1" and a group 27 deep cycle on "2". I run on "All" most the time unless we sit for a while then I switch to the deep cycle. Amps run only off the Deep cycle batt on "2".

phebus
    my friends are having a problem and we r trying to narrow it down.....boat is fine at launch but after a day out it gives them problems...i'm thinkin its the alternator
    If they have any kind of stereo system, the alternator won't be able to keep up with the charging needs, and the batteries will need to be able to be charged with a charger when off the water to bring the batteries back up.

squirt'nmyload
    whats happening is at launch the boat has trouble starting..they have to jiggle the negative to get it started...then at the end of the day, it starts up fine

squirt'nmyload
    If they have any kind of stereo system, the alternator won't be able to keep up with the charging needs, and the batteries will need to be able to be charged with a charger when off the water to bring the batteries back up.
    this is what i needed to know....thanks

squirt'nmyload
    for the record...my stereo on my boat consists of a pair of bassett headers
    http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...nmyload/ok.gif

phebus
    Music to my ears..........

JetBoatRich
    whats happening is at launch the boat has trouble starting..they have to jiggle the negative to get it started...then at the end of the day, it starts up fine
    If you have to "JIGGLE" wires to start the boat you may not want to go to far from the ramp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast