Thread: Convert to V-Drive???

summerlove
    Just wondering, what it would take to convert a I/O to a v-drive. Anybody ever do it?
    I'm getting ready to repower at the end of the season, and was thinking of dropping that Bravo I drive for a casale. Figure I can sell my drive and engine package for about the cost of the v-drive and underwater gear. SO, all that is left is the transom work and gel work. The boat is a 24 campbell, and almost all are v-drive, so there is no limitation there. Whadda ya think?
    Rick

SPECTRABRENT
    Way too much work and money, not only would you have to do glass work to the hull, but your trailer would need work. You could sell your current I/O Campbell and buy a v-drive Campbell and most likely have money left over. I hate to say it but your I/O is probably faster than the v-drive.
    Brent

summerlove
    It may be faster, but I don't like the ride like the one I used to get from my old v-drive. I dunno, I talked with Gary over at campbell and they are getting ready to "scope" a conversion out for another owner. They will give me the same price. My trailer is ok, but I wouldn't mind getting a new one anyway, regardless of what I do. Too much cancer, and with trips to Lake Powell (two weeks away!!!), a new carrier may be in order.

1quickjet
    Two 24' Campbell v-drives in this weeks trader. Both BBC. One is $16,995obo the other is $14,000 obo.