Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods -VS- Ricky Carmichael

DILLIGAF
    Last night I had a drunk conversation about these two guys. My neighbor says that RC is a better athlete than Tiger Woods. I disagree and think if TW would have choosen motorcross as a child and went after that he would have been dominate in MX. What do you guys think? Who is the better athlete? Who is more dominate in their sport?

dicudmore
    in terms of conditioning RC without a doubt...
    how dominant they are in their various sports, damn that is a tough question :220v:

slink
    Tom, you are obviously off your meds...................RC all the way. I'll give you that Tiger is the best golfer, but he is no where close to being able to throw around a 250lbs beast for 45 minute motos, half of that time doing it hitting 120' triples. IMHO, golf is more hand-eye-timing than anything else. It would be different if the galleries could yell and scream at them and maybe have some 300lb'er running at them while they are trying to drive

slink
    I knew "Keys" would be on this like a fat kid on cake
    Next will be SWB defending Tiger

doesitfloat?
    Tom, you are obviously off your meds...................RC all the way. I'll give you that Tiger is the best golfer, but he is no where close to being able to throw around a 250lbs beast for 45 minute motos, half of that time doing it hitting 120' triples. IMHO, golf is more hand-eye-timing than anything else. It would be different if the galleries could yell and scream at them and maybe have some 300lb'er running at them while they are trying to drive
    Ditto...I've never heard of a golfer being paralyzed for life brcause he bogeyed a hole. You "bogey" a triple in MX/SX, you might be driving a wheelchair by blowing through a straw.
    Also, to just assume that because Tiger's such a great athlete (he is, BTW) that he would dominate in another totally unrelated sport is asinine. Remember a guy named Michael Jordan? How'd that baseball experiment work out?
    Pass the pipe, Dilligaf! :rollside:

slink
    How many guys to you compete with directly in a MX race? How many does a golfer compete with every week? I think the golfer palys against apx 144 golfers.
    I didn't even try to compare them...my friend who was doing more drinking than me brought it up and tried to substantiate RC as the better athlete. I know there is no correct answer but I can say this: Give RC and TW one year to learn each others sport and TW would do better in MX than RC would at golf. Just a hunch and what I believe..... Of course this will never happen
    My point exactly......any spoiled country club brat can pick up a set of sticks and go hack, hell I've even done it, but try and grow a set of BALLZ big enough to pre-load the face of a 120' gap..................aint going to happen. BTW, I've ridden MX since I was 9 and wouldn't even try some of the shiat they pull off

Boa1277
    Cmon now you truly cant call golfers athletes, yeah they definitely have a skill set but do they have athletic ability, uh no, no way. It does take skill to put it all together and hit a ball as well as golfers hit a ball, but you cannot have the build of some of the best golfers in the world and be considered athletic, EX. Phil (man tits) Mikelson. By the way Tiger has not dominated golf the way RC has dominated motocross, when Tiger has a perfect season, he will be close he just needs to have 2 perfect seasons and then he will be even closer. :crossx:

doesitfloat?
    How many guys to you compete with directly in a MX race? How many does a golfer compete with every week? I think the golfer plays against apx 144 golfers.
    I..
    Tiger's only playing with a foursome and even then they have to be quiet when another is swinging.
    Ever see the start (first turn) of a race? 30 guys on 230lb motorcycles going full throttle into a 120 degree turn? That's competition...and balls.
    The biggest threat to Tiger is a cell phone going off on his backswing.

slink
    Tiger's only playing with a foursome and even then they have to be quiet when another is swinging.
    Ever see the start (first turn) of a race? 30 guys on 230lb motorcycles going full throttle into a 120 degree turn? That's competition...and balls.
    The biggest threat to Tiger is a cell phone going off on his backswing.
    My better half's ultimate sports fantasy is being in the gallery of a TW match and screaming "JACKAZZ" during his back swing......alaw Happy Gillmore.

slink
    He is a jackass but that is besides the point
    no, he is a rich jackazz

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast