Thread: a few questions about my setup

W.O.T
    ok i have a few questions and would really appreciate some good advice. im pretty new to jet boats and im no motor expert. first a question about my timing. im not sure what my timing should be at or what it is at right now. the motor is pretty fresh maybe 6-7 hours on it. i know the timing is slowed down quiet a bit for breaking the motor in. id like to adjust it tomorrow if i can get some good advice as to what it should be set at. i have a fresh 468 BBC balanced, 9.25 to 1 compression. steel crank, srp forged pistons, roller cam (intake and exhaust lift are 599 duration is 292). merlin heads, dual 750 demon carbs on a weiand tunnel ram. msd ignition. i run the motor on 91 octane with a lead additive. i have berk 12jg pump fresh rebuild w/diverter. aluminum ab impellor. bowl and impellor are blueprinted. stock intake grate on an 18ft challenger medium layup hull. tom papp built the motor and said it is in the ball park of 600hp. so heres my questions. thanks for your help. this is my first jet boat and im learning so i will apprectiate all help.
    what should my timing be set at?
    what kind of rpms should i see with this motor/pump setup?
    what speeds should i see?
    where should i spend my money next to get more mph from this setup?
    http://myspace-050.vo.llnwd.net/0090...07597050_l.jpg

Wicked Performance Boats
    ok i have a few questions and would really appreciate some good advice. im pretty new to jet boats and im no motor expert. first a question about my timing. im not sure what my timing should be at or what it is at right now. the motor is pretty fresh maybe 6-7 hours on it. i know the timing is slowed down quiet a bit for breaking the motor in. id like to adjust it tomorrow if i can get some good advice as to what it should be set at. i have a fresh 468 BBC balanced, 9.25 to 1 compression. srp forged pistons, roller cam (intake and exhaust lift are 599 duration is 292). merlin heads, dual 750 demon carbs on a weiand tunnel ram. msd ignition. i run the motor on 91 octane with a lead additive. i have berk 12jg pump fresh rebuild w/diverter. aluminum ab impellor. bowl and impellor are blueprinted. stock intake grate on an 18ft challenger medium layup hull. tom papp built the motor and said it is in the ball park of 600hp. so heres my questions. thanks for your help. this is my first jet boat and im learning so i will apprectiate all help.
    what should my timing be set at?
    what kind of rpms should i see with this motor/pump setup?
    what speeds should i see?
    where should i spend my money next to get more mph from this setup?
    http://myspace-050.vo.llnwd.net/0090...07597050_l.jpg
    Timing @ 36 degrees total at 2500rpms rpm-5800-6000 speed80-85mph Next investment- alum heads-80lbs savings Budlight

.....or you could just talk to your engine builder????

W.O.T
    .....or you could just talk to your engine builder????
    yes tom told me to bring the boat back up after it has about twenty hours on it. i will give him a call sometime this week i know hes a busy guy. i just had the boat out today and im curious so i wanted to get some quick info.