Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blown gas or alky which is

Blown 472
    harder on the engine?

Nucking futs
    Gas is cut and dry, Alky is alot more maitnence, but worth the extra power. You will burn twice as much too.

Blown 472
    Gas is cut and dry, Alky is alot more maitnence, but worth the extra power. You will burn twice as much too.
    Like what kind of maint??

Infomaniac
    Gas is harder. It burns faster and hotter.

Like what kind of maint??
    More oil changes ... change it every trip ... and you'll have no problems ...
    Also, you have to flush your fuel system out ... I drain everything and spray lines/barrel valve/shut off down w/ WD40 ...
    It's worth it for the power increase you'll obtain IMO ... plus it's a lot easier to tune than gas.

VD CRUISER
    Was talking to a car guy two days ago and he mentioned a system where he could switch over to gas and run the motor for a while to flush the alcohol out of the system . Would that work? I'm sure it would be pretty fat, but would it run long enough to flush itself out ?

Infomaniac
    Yea it would work but it wont run for a while on the gas LOL
    It will run momentarily and get so rich it will die or if you throttle it, it will spit spudder and black smoke up everything.
    But it helps.

Gas is harder. It burns faster and hotter.
    Good point.
    There is a certain alky burner that I have personaly seen run a whole season & not one oil change or flush out the fuel system.
    I was at his shop & saw the oil & watched him flush the fuel system for the winter. The fittings & lines were clean, no gel no sugar
    No bs

Blown 472
    Thanks for the info every one.
    Mind if we talk combos for a bit? I am looking at doing a 440 mopar, with iron heads, steel crank, alum rods, flat tappet cam with ductile rockers, 6:71 with a bird. 727 or glide behind it and looking to get into the 10's with a 3800 lb car.

Doin' Time
    Thanks for the info every one.
    Mind if we talk combos for a bit? I am looking at doing a 440 mopar, with iron heads, steel crank, alum rods, flat tappet cam with ductile rockers, 6:71 with a bird. 727 or glide behind it and looking to get into the 10's with a 3800 lb car.
    anything blown and injected should easily run in the tens.....you should have no prob with power,now with traction,thats a different story!
    try calling mopar engines west,1-510-797-9536 ask for dave or angie,they know a combo that will work!,,tell them rich bandy sent ya.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast