Thread: miniature Casale v-drives

check out these tiny v-drives. I don't know what I'd do with one, but they're pretty cool. The e-bay item # is 1786177666.
    [ November 12, 2002, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: old rigger ]

R-dave,
    I don't know how to post a link, but here's what the guy selling it says about it. Bidding starts at 900 bucks and no one's bid yet.......
    You are bidding on a custom made true quarter scale "Casale" V-drive. This is one of only 8 produced by a master machinist/hobbyist for me, scaled-down from actual Casale factory drawings. It is intended to be powered by a Conley V8 (with or without blower), but NOT to be powered by a MEGA horsepower nitro two stroker engine. Features of the V-drive are as follows: front & rear gear cases cast in 7075 aluminum with ALL detail features and finning including the "Casale" name, polished + chrome plated, polished scale stain. stl. hex hd. bolts & nuts, 10 degree included angle input to output shafts (5 degrees each gear), true helical cut teeth, gear keyways plus setscrews, gear mat'l: SAE 4140 case hardened (gears produced by a major gear mfr., 3/16" dia. input/output shaft ends of 1/4" dia. shafts, five ball bearings plus two oil seals, oil-filled gear case w/ oil level screw & breather tube (Mobil 1, 5W30 recommended), shipped dry, intregal polished alum. mounting plate. COLLECTORS! This is the finest example you will ever see of a 1/4 scale v-drive! LAST CALL...PRICE LOWERED $200

126driver
    He was trying to sell those on ebay about a month ago and no one bid on them. I think it was superdave that posted the link. It would be cool with that $5k 1/4 scale v-8. Throw in $900 for the stroker crank, another $2k for the blower and $500 for the 1/4 scale boat and you would have a hell of a toy. Of course, the guy that can afford toys like that, I would just like to follow him around and pick up the dough that falls out of his pockets.

Here's a direct link to the auction: Mini Casale
    Guy isn't too good at math. Previous "buy it now" price was $1395. New "buy it now" is $1100. Sounds like a $295 price cut to me.
    Here's the thread from when it was first offered last month. Topic:Superdave013 check out the v drive
    I wonder if SuperDave013 swaps gears for these?

Sangerboy
    I wonder if those were LH or RH gears. I'm sure the company would make either one all it takes is $$$$$. I remember those 1/4 scale V-8's from a HOT ROD article about 10 or 15 years ago and thinking "boy that would be cool with a V-drive" Well there it is now if I could just figure out a way to run that expense through my business so my wife wouldn't find out.....

Sangerboy
    Hey who gave me some stars? thanks that's cool Unless of course it was the all to common for me sympathy or pity vote eek! eek!