Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lake Lice vs Boat.....

Second "PLACE"
    Damn, I hate to hear about this stuff, but what parent allows an 11 year old to ride a stand up?
    http://www.dailybulletin.com/ci_4289161

my21advantage
    That so sad....
    my prayers for the boy and his family

squirt'nmyload
    sad but wtf were the parents thinking????????

HYPNAUTIC
    at that time of the day everyone heading up river needs to be extra carefull, the sun creates blinding sun spots on the water.
    So sad.. Hope for the best.

Charley
    I agree, I still am dumfounded on how many ignorant people (at any age) think that because they can push the throttle lever that it makes them a jetski pro. I wish parents would require their kids (teens included) to learn some safety measure before taking off on a jetski. Looking before turning, running parallel to the shore, single file when narrow are just a few basics. Any parent who allows an 11 year old on a jetski alone on a holiday in Needles should be arrested for child endangerment....then again so should the 40 year old idiot pulling his two kids on a tube behind his ski that did a wide sweeping 360 right in front of me on sunday too...bastard made me come off plane!
    In all seriousness I hope the outcome for this child is a good one.

RitcheyRch
    Sad to read these sorts of things. The outcome could have been worse.

YODA
    The parents should be flogged for allowing that!!!! :yuk:

Kachina26
    11 in a cove not a problem, especially if the kid is riding regularly with supervision. Turning your 11 yo loose on a holiday weekend on a busy river is just flat out neglectful!!!! I hope the parents are held liable not only for the damages to the boat, but for their stupid decision that led to this incident! I hope they know how lucky they are to still have their kid.

Tequila-John
    Crazy

Hustler
    I agree, I still am dumfounded on how many ignorant people (at any age) think that because they can push the throttle lever that it makes them a jetski pro. I wish parents would require their kids (teens included) to learn some safety measure before taking off on a jetski. Looking before turning, running parallel to the shore, single file when narrow are just a few basics. Any parent who allows an 11 year old on a jetski alone on a holiday in Needles should be arrested for child endangerment....then again so should the 40 year old idiot pulling his two kids on a tube behind his ski that did a wide sweeping 360 right in front of me on sunday too...bastard made me come off plane!
    In all seriousness I hope the outcome for this child is a good one.
    I agree with you 100% on this issue but you also have to remember to SLOW DOWN. I think it's our responsibility to so. I see way to many guys running 60,70+ mph between a downed skier and someone pulling a tuber it amazes me that no one has been completely ran over yet. As much as I hate to admit it they have just as much right as we do and if things like this keep happening were all screwed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast