Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Golf Cart Help?!?

HYPNAUTIC
    Thinking of gettin a cart. Got a few ?'s. Looking for some input.
    I'm leaning toward electric since some of the use will be around the neighborhood and I can do without the complaints. I plan to do a lift, lights, and basic cosmetic upgrades.
    My bigest ? is brand/model and what year. Are there certain brands that are harder to modify? Are there years that were more prone to problems than others? Is a 48V that much more powerful than 36V or does it not really matter?
    Help me out!!!
    Thanks,
    Gary

Havasu1986
    I have a gas cart which is in my avatar. We went with gas because we didn't want to carry a 2 mile extension cord down to the channel. We bring it home in the winter and nobody complains. There not that loud.

Throttle
    I got gas!
    No really, I just bought a gas ez-go cart last month... not that loud runs slow thats all... if you upgrade the electric one with some bigger power batteries, I have heard you could get more speed. I do not know anything about that though...
    ok, i do hav gas... thats why I am up so late, lol.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...10100_0443.JPG
    :rollside:

djunkie
    I'm leaning toward electric since some of the use will be around the neighborhood and I can do without the complaints. I plan to do a lift, lights, and basic cosmetic upgrades.
    My bigest ? is brand/model and what year. Are there certain brands that are harder to modify? Are there years that were more prone to problems than others? Is a 48V that much more powerful than 36V or does it not really matter?
    Help me out!!!
    Thanks,
    Gary
    Check out this site. http://server1.buggiesunlimited.com/phpBB2/
    Find out all the info you want to know. I have a gas cart. Better yet a gas cart on steroids. With the quiet muffler, its just that.....quiet. :rollside: :rollside:

FREIND OF AA AND TA
    If you don't ever plan on going to the Islander get gas for sure. They are not loud at all. Most cars are louder.

probablecause
    I have a battery one and would dump it in a heartbeat for a gas one. As the other members have said, they are not that loud. Pain in the ass to have to keep charging your batteries up. Also, if you ever plan to take it to Glamis or Ocotillo or a place like that, gas is the way to go. You can always jump start a gas motor 2 miles from home but not with 4 or 6 dead batteries.

cactusgolfcarts
    Help me out!!!
    Thanks,
    Gary
    The 48v Club Car is nice because you can upgrade the motor, controller, and go to a 4 gauge wire and the cart will have all of the torque you want AND run 25mph. Don't get me wrong, you can do all of this with a 36v cart also. Let me know if we can help.

TOBTEK
    IF YOUR interested, my brother built a really nice gas clubcar last yr and wants to sell it. already lifted 8", nice 12" wheels and 489 tires, nice paint, rear seat assy... NICE cart. wants 5K for it. IF you build one you will spend more if you do it right. let me know if your into it and I'll get you his #

OutCole'd
    Like it has been said, if you are going to take it on long rides, go gas. Short trips around a RV park, I would go electric.
    If you do go electric, DO NOT GO WITH A REGEN! You are limited on the motor and controller on these. If I ever catch the guy that sold me mine, I'm going to wring his neck!
    Also, it is usually cheaper to buy one that is already fixed up than to build it your self. The cart Toby is talking about would cost 6-7k to put together if done right.

Froggystyle
    I am selling our cart relatively cheap as well. I have a 2002 EZGO 36V with a new PDS controller, (the good one to have), brand new Trojan 6v batteries, roll cage, bimini top, custom interior and paint, 4" lift, 11" wheels and nice tires, billet steering wheel, stainless steering shaft cover, diamond plate guards, front tube bumper, undercar lighting, front driving lights, signals, rear seat, brake lights, 4 gauge wiring etc... and has a California plate too! It is street legal on any street below 35 mph, so you can drive it around the neighborhood if you want to.
    Trick cart, very clean. $6K OBO.
    OH, PS... it comes with a great charger too. That alone is over $500.
    http://www.highperformancecars.com/f...t_and_boat.jpg
    http://www.highperformancecars.com/f...t_interior.jpg

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast