Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mr V-Driver

Mr Vdriver thank you for the multiple recommendations since I asked you to stop the promotional posts in the Rudy thread. I mean the thank you sincerely.
    However that being said, I'm going to attempt to state the purpose of at least this forum and I'm sure it applies to others as well. That purpose is for discussion of vdrive related topics, experiences, events, and basically all things related to vdrives. It is an information exchange forum for the mutual benefit of all members. My purpose as moderator here is to regulate that content in the most unobtrusive way possible, keep things on topic etc. And to hold everyone to the same standards to the best of my ability, time considered. We moderate as volunteers so sometimes things don't get handled timely or get missed altogether.
    What the forum isn't is a platform for self promotion or for anyone to promote their dealers excessively, me or anyone else. That's not what the forum is about nor what the readers come here for. We (manufacturers and those in the industry) buy advertising in magazines, banner ads on forums, etc to serve that purpose (and rightly so as this website costs money to operate and is provided free for users). While an occasional plug or recommendation is certainly acceptable, overwhelming self promotion isn't generally well received by forum readers. We do have a spam forum for those who want to sell and promote their stuff. But we don't do it in vdrive or any of the tech forums. Forum readers don't come here to read our posts about how great we are and how our shit smells so much better than our competitors.
    Rex Marine has approximately 400 active dealers, OE's, etc. I can't imagine 399 of them appreciating me plugging the 400th one (or myself) continually over them. I'm not posting this to reprimand you as the moderator here or to offend you, but to hopefully educate you just a little on forum ettiquite and what most people come here for. I'm sure many appreciate the fact that several of us in the industry have chosen to participate on various forums. I also believe that appreciation stems from genuine help we offer solving problems, offering solutions, providing info, etc, while at the same time not coming across in a self promoting way in every post we make. I promote Rex Marine with paid banners and in sig links which are allowed here but thats about it unless someone asks for information on something we sell or make.
    I appreciate the fact you've chosen to refrain from further promo it in the Rudy thread. My only hope is that you don't overdue it in other threads. It just isn't what people want to read post after post. Everyone here knows you make Casale vdrives and everyone here knows Rex Marine is a dealer for you and a lot of other stuff as well as a manufacturer of many things. We don't need to ram it down their throats with every thread.

Mr. V-Driver
    K,.....
    There are 2 sides to every coin. As much as some don't like it, I get numerous calls from all over the World(Yesterday-Tennessee, Texas, Penn, Sweden and even a Mate down under) that people appreciate it very much!
    Some tell me that they only like to read what Mr. V-Driver has to say, and don't pay much attention to the other threads.
    If they see my name or logo they immediately click on!
    I think your website benefits from me being here!!! Maybe you should create a column called "Ask Casale". That might take care of everything!!!
    Although some may think I'm spam'n, I'm always explaining some type of part, or giving knowledge to those that don't know or have never owned a V-Drive before. My logo In the Avitar is who I am, I'm 3rd generation Casale and Proud of it!!! Thatz just my logo, does it mean I'm advertising everytime I answer a thread??? I think others do the same! I've never LIED, only stated TRUE facts about V-Drives or People that have used them and the relationship between us. I'm always trying to help the V-Drive boater, never miss-lead them. You should be very proud to still be one of our dealers as we have cut a lot of them off! Some don't know where to get parts or how to pay for them, So I try to offer the best solution at the time given.
    It was Several of your subscribers that told me to come aboard here, that many could benefit from my expertise in the field. If it weren't for them I'd of stayed only at Donz site and never contributed anything to this forum or ***boat Website!!! I hope you understand where I'm coming from, Regards, Mitch Casale

lucky
    K,.....
    There are 2 sides to every coin. As much as some don't like it, I get numerous calls from all over the World(Yesterday-Tennessee, Texas, Penn, Sweden and even a Mate down under) that people appreciate it very much!
    Some tell me that they only like to read what Mr. V-Driver has to say, and don't pay much attention to the other threads.
    If they see my name or logo they immediately click on!
    I think your website benefits from me being here!!! Maybe you should create a column called "Ask Casale". That might take care of everything!!!
    Although some may think I'm spam'n, I'm always explaining some type of part, or giving knowledge to those that don't know or have never owned a V-Drive before. My logo In the Avitar is who I am, I'm 3rd generation Casale and Proud of it!!! Thatz just my logo, does it mean I'm advertising everytime I answer a thread??? I think others do the same! I've never LIED, only stated TRUE facts about V-Drives or People that have used them and the relationship between us. I'm always trying to help the V-Drive boater, never miss-lead them. You should be very proud to still be one of our dealers as we have cut a lot of them off! Some don't know where to get parts or how to pay for them, So I try to offer the best solution at the time given.
    It was Several of your subscribers that told me to come aboard here, that many could benefit from my expertise in the field. If it weren't for them I'd of stayed only at Donz site and never contributed anything to this forum or ***boat Website!!! I hope you understand where I'm coming from, Regards, Mitch Casale
    Ya when i called last year and wanted some bushings for a c -500 you treated me like i was wasting your time -- maybe if you didn't fock off as much on the puter - you could have more time for customer relations - any ways - I would just like you to think about this --- do you enjoy a bad rash ?

dmontzsta
    Ya when i called last year and wanted some bushings for a c -500 you treated me like i was wasting your time -- maybe if you didn't fock off as much on the puter - you could have more time for customer relations - any ways - I would just like you to think about this --- do you enjoy a bad rash ?
    Not trying to stick up for Casale here. When I called a few years back, I was looking for a detent ball and spring, (very small stuff). I am not sure who I spoke with, but I was shocked that they sent it out that same day, or the day after, it was only $30 or so. All this after hearing about how they only deal with the big guys, it made me happy.
    Maybe you caught him on a bad day lucky! He might have been busy online too, you know when you are typing away and someone is trying to talk to you? My wife and son do that to me from time to time, I kind of blank them out.

Mr. V-Driver
    You obviously didn't talk to me!!!!! I'm Christian, college educated and was raised with manners. I never and I mean Never treat anybody like you say!!! I respect people that respect me and I do the the same in return!!!
    The use of swear words doesn't accomplish anything, only shows How you are!
    Maybe you got my pops, he's a little harsh sometimes, but definately knows his stuff. Anybody that has been dealing with us for a long time, knows how my pop's is. Haven't you seen Orange County Chopper??? Grouchy and Crabby, Father and son going at it, similar to our place sometimes.
    This was Stated by a customer Willie Lawerence-"Andy Casale-I've never met a more honest man in my whole life!"
    I was skeptic about joining this site, because of the Negative attention that I may get, but was encouraged by Nice customers to be here!!!
    I guess you can't win them all!!!

lucky
    I'm not sure whom i talked to Donald , But I wasn't happy - Mr. V drive i apologize for the post - but it is how i think of Casale now - maybe next time i deal with them It will be more pleasant! any ways - sorry -

superdave013
    K,.....
    Maybe you should create a column called "Ask Casale". That might take care of everything!!!
    That would be better then doing it in Rudy's thread.
    Really though in how to forum Billy B started a thread about paint questions. I would think you could do the same thing for v drives. I'd think if you kept it informative and contained in that thread it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Mr. V-Driver
    Apoligy accepted!!! You can always e-mail us directly to: Casale1vdrive@msn.com and it might serve your purposes better.
    I'm here working 12hr days 7-7pm., Designing, and pumping out parts. I try to get to the boards in the morning so I can answer as many ??? as I can.
    Everyday is a Hectic day here, but we try to do the best as humanly possible!
    We take care of everybody, the small fish in the sea as well as the big one's!
    It doesn't matter what your bank account says, it matters what you say!!!

Mr. V-Driver
    That would be better then doing it in Rudy's thread.
    Really though in how to forum Billy B started a thread about paint questions. I would think you could do the same thing for v drives. I'd think if you kept it informative and contained in that thread it shouldn't be much of a problem.
    Wait,.......Isn't this the V-Drive section????? And,... all I said in Rudy's thread was about the boat "The Hot Rod Special" that Rudy's dad made the cases for stated by someone else, Not me!!! As a matter of fact, I received several phone calls regaurding that thread, the cases, Rudy, and the boat. They told me how Neat it was, that they enjoyed the info very, very much!!!
    Now I know how tuff it is to be "The Real Slim Shady"!!!!!
    I'm with ya Marshall!!!!!

InKahntrol
    Mr Vdriver thank you for the multiple recommendations since I asked you to stop the promotional posts in the Rudy thread. I mean the thank you sincerely.
    However that being said, I'm going to attempt to state the purpose of at least this forum and I'm sure it applies to others as well. That purpose is for discussion of vdrive related topics, experiences, events, and basically all things related to vdrives. It is an information exchange forum for the mutual benefit of all members. My purpose as moderator here is to regulate that content in the most unobtrusive way possible, keep things on topic etc. And to hold everyone to the same standards to the best of my ability, time considered. We moderate as volunteers so sometimes things don't get handled timely or get missed altogether.
    What the forum isn't is a platform for self promotion or for anyone to promote their dealers excessively, me or anyone else. That's not what the forum is about nor what the readers come here for. We (manufacturers and those in the industry) buy advertising in magazines, banner ads on forums, etc to serve that purpose (and rightly so as this website costs money to operate and is provided free for users). While an occasional plug or recommendation is certainly acceptable, overwhelming self promotion isn't generally well received by forum readers. We do have a spam forum for those who want to sell and promote their stuff. But we don't do it in vdrive or any of the tech forums. Forum readers don't come here to read our posts about how great we are and how our shit smells so much better than our competitors.
    Rex Marine has approximately 400 active dealers, OE's, etc. I can't imagine 399 of them appreciating me plugging the 400th one (or myself) continually over them. I'm not posting this to reprimand you as the moderator here or to offend you, but to hopefully educate you just a little on forum ettiquite and what most people come here for. I'm sure many appreciate the fact that several of us in the industry have chosen to participate on various forums. I also believe that appreciation stems from genuine help we offer solving problems, offering solutions, providing info, etc, while at the same time not coming across in a self promoting way in every post we make. I promote Rex Marine with paid banners and in sig links which are allowed here but thats about it unless someone asks for information on something we sell or make.
    I appreciate the fact you've chosen to refrain from further promo it in the Rudy thread. My only hope is that you don't overdue it in other threads. It just isn't what people want to read post after post. Everyone here knows you make Casale vdrives and everyone here knows Rex Marine is a dealer for you and a lot of other stuff as well as a manufacturer of many things. We don't need to ram it down their throats with every thread.

Well said Mike, well said.
    I work in advertising for a living, and I can tell you... ramming a message down people's throats only serves to turn them off. Follow that up with fake "jive" talk in a memorial thread about a recently departed legend, and it doesn't leave a good taste in people's mouths. Perhaps a "v-drive questions" thread in the "how-to" section would be the right way to go...
    Dan

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast