Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: h-beam rods

lilrick
    are the Manleys any better than the CHinese rods, or are they the same??

I offten wonder the same thing when so many people are running chinese stuff without failure.
    -beerjet-

IMPATIENT 1
    i think they all come from the same place.i have eagle h-beams in mine and when i was building it, a buddy ordered a set of the knock offs from ebay for 340.00.they came in and are the exact same rods without the eagle ink stamp, even had the same wavloc arp rods bolts.i felt stupid because i paid nearly double what he did for the same rods with alittle ___ckin eagle on em! :cry:

lilrick
    i think they all come from the same place.i have eagle h-beams in mine and when i was building it, a buddy ordered a set of the knock offs from ebay for 340.00.they came in and are the exact same rods without the eagle ink stamp, even had the same wavloc arp rods bolts.i felt stupid because i paid nearly double what he did for the same rods with alittle ___ckin eagle on em! :cry:
    I had a sneaky suspicion!!

WannabeRacing
    Make sure you do your homework on the rods and stuff.
    Eagle x-raxys and mags each rod. They send back truckloads of reject rods every batch. Other companies that get rods from the same place will get the rejected from eagle rods and just whip them out. Make sure the company you get them from inspects each one as well. If they do not, you may be getting a reject from another company.
    And a set of eagle rods with those bolts is only $350. So, where did you pay twice that? They are only $400 with the L-19. And that is the bolt to get for the eagle deal if you are running high rpms or lots of load.
    As I remember, all of the cranks come from china, but the rods are not from china. (No real difference, as they all come from one manufacturer. And it is still an over-seas deal. Each company just finishes them a little different and sends them out.)
    I have had great luck with Eagle rods. I swear by them.

IMPATIENT 1
    ESP-6605F3D $659.95
    Estimated Ship Date: Today
    Application Warranty Show All
    Brand: Eagle Specialty Products, Inc.
    Product Line: Eagle ESP H-Beam Connecting Rods
    Connecting Rod Length Center To Center (in): 6.605 in.
    Connecting Rod Beam Style: H-beam
    Connecting Rod Material: Forged 4340 steel
    Connecting Rod Finish: Shot-peened
    Wrist Pin Style: Floating
    Clearanced for Stroker: No
    Cap Retention Style: Cap screw
    Connecting Rod Bolt Brand: ARP
    Connecting Rod Bolt Diameter: 7/16 in.
    Connecting Rod Bolt Material: 8740 chromemoly steel
    Fastener Yield Strength (psi): 160,000 psi
    Connecting Rod Bolt Head Style: 12-point
    Pressurized Pin Oiling: No
    Approximate Connecting Rod Weight (g): 840
    Big End Bore Diameter (in): 2.500 in.
    Pin End Bore Diameter (in): 1.040 in.
    Advertised Horsepower Rating (hp): 700 hp
    Advertised RPM Rating: 7,500 rpm
    Weight Matched Set: Yes
    Remanufactured: No
    Balanced: No
    Magnafluxed: Yes
    Quantity: Sold as a set of 8.
    Connecting Rods, ESP 4340 H-Beam, Cap Screw, Bushed, Ford, Big Block 385 Series, Set of 8
    Check to make sure this part fits your application
    Not just another rod!
    Free your engine's horsepower on the wings of Eagle ESP H-beam connecting rods. Their 2-piece, forged, vacuum-degassed, 4340-certified steel construction provides outstanding strength, while still weighing much less than stock rods. Each rod is multi-stage heat-treated, x-rayed, sonic tested, magnafluxed, 100 percent machined, and shot-peened to stress-relieve the metal. The rods have precision cap alignment sleeves to positively locate each rod cap, silicon bronze bushings for floating pin models, and are available in stroker models that allow additional cam-to-rod clearance for large stroke combinations. They come standard with 190,000 psi rated ARP 8740 rod bolts and 230,000 psi rated ARP 2000 or 265,000 psi rated ARP L-19 bolts as upgrades. Instructions and rod bolt lubrication are included.
    Back to Search Results
    this is from summit.
    i can understand the quality control part of the issue, i'm sure eagle inspects them more than others but it doesn't cost that much more difference to have a set wieght matched or sized if they're alittle off.we used paint scales to check his rods and they weigh the same, looked the same, built the same, performed the same.all his cheap h-beam rods were matched in weight as well.

cfm
    First thing we get taught in life is 'Never judge a book by it's cover.'
    Please be careful !!!!
    Same 'looks' for a lot less $$$ usually means something, especially in the world of high performance !!!!

IMPATIENT 1
    First thing we get taught in life is 'Never judge a book by it's cover.'
    Please be careful !!!!
    Same 'looks' for a lot less $$$ usually means something, especially in the world of high performance !!!!
    no doubt cfm, i'd rather spend alittle more and have that piece of mind.

WannabeRacing
    I just purchased 10 sets of eagles from Dyno-flo.
    seven sets were BBC. 2 sets at 6.800, four at 6.535, one standard, a set of titaniums, and some sbc stuff. So, not just standard stuff. (I buy a ton of stuff there, so I probably get a little better deal than most.) His website lists them at $419 for that rod. Call and you may get a better price.
    I have one set that only has one pass on them. These babies were cycle tested to 11,000 rpm in 565ci trim for a few very long seconds. Removed from engine, and checked out O.K. But I am not going to put them back in anything over around 700 horsepower. And will change bolts first. Once again, I believe in Eagles.

Hey Wannaberacing,Is that the same dyno-flo located in henderson nevada?
    do the sell parts and not just completed engines?
    I am looking for a new speed shop Here in vegas.I usually deal with National performance,but they are not doing so well any more and they are getting too expensive.
    I priced an intake the other dat and they wanted 500 bucks for it,so I looked it up from summit and jegs and it was only 189.00.So i figured they may have given the price for the wrong part .called back spoke with a diffrent guy and price was still 500 bucks I can under stand convieniance of on hand,but 300 dollars diffrance?comeonnn!...hal

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast