Thread: Reverse Spam Raw Water Pump Pulley

hpy540
    DOSE ANYONE HAVE A 5.5 OD 5 INCH PITCH DIA SHERWOOD WATER PUMP PULLEY LAYING AROUND? IT HAS TO HAVE A 1.75 OFFSET. I ALSO NEED A THREE GROOVE PULLEY FOR THE CRANK THAT FITS FACTORY MERC. ALL THREE GROOVES HAVE TO BE THE SAME DIA.
    mark_lmk@yahoo.com

hpy540
    Bump Bump
    Ok so i seem like a broke D#@K but i just retro fit a kpm raw water pump onto my 540 and i had to do a quick job of fitting it because we were on a long weekend and the sherwood pump didnt work and i couldnt get a sherwood impeller. Well, i now have a slight wobble on the pulley,so i need to get that handeld. I am putting a 1000 cfm holley on that i just rebuilt and i am trying to get to my target rpm before season is over up here. I think the belt might spin off with the littel woble at that rpm. it is ok at 5100 but i would like to get to the target of 6200. i am hitting 84mph on gps at 5100 and 4 people. 263 twin step eagle w/ 1.36 bravo one and a 27pitch mirage prop. Before i had the dist go bad last year i ht 94 on gps and it still felt good.... you know, like it was climbing. but i got nervous goign that fast. I melted three pistons. So I threw three new pistons on old rings back into it last year. i did this because it would hve been end of season before i would have gottenit back for doing it the right way. I now have lots of blow buy but i am going through it this winter and depending on what the cylinders look like the i may go up to 555 cid. but i want to see if i can break it before i go though it again. i have held it for 12 min WFO and no problems but i am stuck at 5100 rpm