Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daytona, Cheyenne, Stealth..Research

poncho-pwr
    I am trying to do some research on these three particular hulls. I can see the differences in the deck designs of these thre hulls but would love to know what the bottom differences are, ie. tunnel depth, width and shape, and which differences give what different effects? I have heard that pound for pound in a properly set up boat that the Cheyennes are the quickest of the three and the Daytonas MPH the best with the Stealth being the most stable over 120mph. I have not heard why this is though. I am ruling out the Stealth because I think it is ugly and I don't like the deck on it. I have called Eliminator and they don't seem to want to build anymore 19' Daytonas although I hear SoCal is going to be building them. The Cheyenne is easy to get built any way you want it and I am leaning towards the Cheyenne at the moment. I will be putting a n/a 1120 HP motor in the boat and I would like to bracket race some maybe in SDBA events or whatever is close to us as well as use it on weekends at the lake. If anyone has any good input on these three hulls please post it up.

Duane HTP
    Poncho, Give me a call. I sell all three of the hulls that you mentioned. I can help you decide.
    316-794-8616

blue wonder
    I am trying to do some research on these three particular hulls. I can see the differences in the deck designs of these thre hulls but would love to know what the bottom differences are, ie. tunnel depth, width and shape, and which differences give what different effects? I have heard that pound for pound in a properly set up boat that the Cheyennes are the quickest of the three and the Daytonas MPH the best with the Stealth being the most stable over 120mph. I have not heard why this is though. I am ruling out the Stealth because I think it is ugly and I don't like the deck on it. I have called Eliminator and they don't seem to want to build anymore 19' Daytonas although I hear SoCal is going to be building them. The Cheyenne is easy to get built any way you want it and I am leaning towards the Cheyenne at the moment. I will be putting a n/a 1120 HP motor in the boat and I would like to bracket race some maybe in SDBA events or whatever is close to us as well as use it on weekends at the lake. If anyone has any good input on these three hulls please post it up.
    I personally own a stealth...and have driven a few different daytona's and cheyenne's...hands down in my opinion the stealth is the best...and im sure 50 other people will argue this to the death...but this is just my opinion on the whole thing...i have about 850 horse and mine runs a consistant 118...and has run a best of 119.

Ken F
    Poncho,
    I'd sure call Duane and listen to what he has to say. I've personally seen him set up all three for racing & lake use. Each one has their own little pecularities as you mentioned in your post. He'd be the one to listen to.
    Ken F

Unchained
    Ugly.....you must be joking.......Stealths are the best.
    This hulls for sale too.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...ashguardls.jpg

pce680
    Call Tommy Papp at 951 734-4606.Tommy designed and built the Cheyenne and the Stealth molds.Both plugs started with a Eliminator hull designed by Ron Ehde in 1976.Tommy can tell you as to what he changed in both boats from the original Daytona.Everything else is hearsay.Get it from the horse mouth.

screamdreambrad
    ditto what ron said! i've driven all three! i own a stealth, and i looove it! mine runs 126 in 1320. stable as can be. driven a 120 mph cheyenne, bitchen! driven a 133 mph daytona, was good. my choice would be a 450 lb stealth. then you can race and go to the lake and do whatever you want. just my humble opinion. oh, one more thing! if you can get eliminator to build one for you, you'd better have a king sized wallet!. i don't know what the guy in ar. is charging for a cheyenne, but cheyenne or stealth is a better deal by far.

W.O.T
    i would love to have any of them. i almost bought a 93 daytona off my friend, but couldnt afford it at the time. but i would much rather have a stealth if i could own either either. ive seen a stealth at tom papps shop they are beautiful. i really hope to own one someday

Rondane
    Poncho,
    He'd be the one to listen to.
    Ken F
    i think the guy to listen to would be the one who had a hand in designing them all. They would give the BEST advice. My .02.
    rondane

Taylorman
    i think the guy to listen to would be the one who had a hand in designing them all. They would give the BEST advice. My .02.
    rondane
    Unlike someone we know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast