Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hallett Vector for sale......

boatsnblondes
    That's right, you read right. Now that Chris and I are up here in Northern Cal, we have decided to sell the beloved Hallett, and find a different boat. It is just a little too much boat for up here in these lakes, needs a river or the delta to stretch out and run, so we are looking to make a small change around here. <Also, we are planning on starting our family sometime early next year, need to trim things up a little>.
    So, here are the stats, I am putting it on here first, as you guys on here are boaters, and know what you are looking at.
    The boat is done. Last pics I posted it was still being rebuilt, but all that is over, and except for a small tweak here and there, if runs NICE. I have not had a chance to stretch it all the way out, as I am still seating the cam, so I can tell you for SURE that it does 40-50 mph. :rollside: If I were to keep it, those numbers would be changed in a few months..right now, i am bing gentle with it.
    The boat itself is an '86, most likely it was a race boat, as it had the fule returns to the gas tank so characteristic of a huffer motor. The hull was completely color sanded and buffed, and had the gelcoat repaired in 2004, it is brand new except for some slight cracking up on the bow area. Other than that, it is pristine for a boat this age. I am the third owner, the guy before me, was looking to rebuild the boat completely, and started with the interior first, so all the seats and carpeting are basically new excpet for the time I have spent in it. All new gauges, and dash also. There is also a stereo, but I took out the head unit, and have not replaced it. All the speakers and the amps are there though. All of the interior and seats are new, as are the gauges, there is nothing original to the boat in this area.
    I bought it, used it for one season, and tore out the motor in the fall. EVERYTHING came out, nothing of the original rig is still in the boat. The motor is a 468, 9.5/1 compression, lightning headers, MSD ignition, holley 800 carb, cam driven water pump, power steering pump, new motor from start to finish. Those interested email me and I'll send you a build sheet. External oil and PS cooler, holley blue fuel pump, sea strainer, braided and annodized everything. Motor runs smooth and LOUD!!
    On the transom, it has a bravo one drive, with an Imco lower end, Mercruiser 4 blade prop. Also has Imco full helm power steering, Dana HP 1000 trim tabs, as well as Dana swim steps mounted to the transom. This is by far the nicest Vector I have ever seen, and I have seen a lot, it's just better suited to Southern Cal. than up here. Let me know if your interested, next week it goes up in the classifieds here, and into boat trader also. Have not decided on a price yet. Hope you all had a great summer, mine was busy, though being able to walk from my house to the Tuollumne in 5 mins. makes it all worth it. And the woggies love it also. Leave me a message here, or, PM me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Pics by the end of the week, I promise.
    P.S. I FORGOT THE TRAILER!!!!!!!!!! Trailer has been COMPLETELY rebuilt by custom trailers in Upland. Had it sandblasted down to the bare metal, then rebondoed and repainted red. I put in new axles, with disk brakes, so it now has four brakes on it, new stainless fenders, side guides, (Chromed), LED lights, electric lockout for the brakes, new bunkers and fender insides, and a new winch and nosewheel. I also cut off the old hitch and put on a new one. This trailer is and R&S, 6" box steel, very stable at faster towing speedsand trails very nicely. Wheels are set way back, which I like.
    P.S.S.....after this goes, I will be looking HARD for either a DCB 24 Extreme, preferably the white, yellow and purple, or the purple and teal, or a nice schiada 21' V drive...anyone got a line???

blackcloud75
    pics?????

boatsnblondes
    by the weekend I hope...gotta get it out of the garage....

Rev. Williams

boatsnblondes
    Thanks Rev...case of mistaken identity...(happens to me all the time :rollside: )

boatsnblondes
    Bump....

boatsnblondes
    Bump

boatsnblondes
    Bump

Jrocket
    Going on 4 months and still no pics?

boatsnblondes
    Well, need to find the camera first..not like folks have been beating the door down for them....if I don't sell it, it's gonna be a great summer, right??

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast