Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How strong are the mounts

shootingstar72683
    If you are just wanting to get it off the trailer for painting, why dont you just lay some old tires under it as you pull it off the trailer? Works well. Tie the pump or the back of the hull to something, and drag the trailer slowly out from under it, placing tires under the boat as it comes off. You can usually "borrow" some from a tire shop, and return them when you are done.
    I'd suggest a sling if you want to raise the rear of the boat. Why chance it?
    Turning it over, I would suggest having more than 6 guys. 8-10. They are bulky, and there's not much to get a good grip on.
    Ken F
    By the way Ken, I don't have 8-10 friends. You must be a really nice guy! lol

Even with four people, this way is still a handful be there is not much to hold on to. This boat was flipped for some bottom work.
    Sleek
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...0_0277-med.JPG http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...0_0278-med.JPG
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...0_0276-med.JPG
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...0_0324-med.JPG

Moneypitt
    There have been several threads here with detailed pics of the different methods/set ups people have used. Look in e ticket's pic album, or Art's (gofastracer). I can tell you that back in 84 when I flipped and painted my 69 Tahiti,(bare hull) it took 12 guys to pick it up, move the trailer, set it down, slide it over, and roll it. I used bus tubes in the driveway and 11 of us wouldn't have done it!... Look in the threads and pic galleries, there a several good pics of others homemade rigs.............What ever you do, don't DROP IT!!!!!!!MP

sanger rat
    I sure enjoyed this help. Now I'm going to check a few more things before I begin to paint. The pump is the best thing to lift on from the rear. The rope from the drain-hole attaches to the motor-mount stringer where the mount is, right?
    The pics are from Squirtcha? Maybe he'll pop in here with some more info for ya.

sanger rat

shootingstar72683
    Some more idea's for you. http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62743
    I've changed my mind now after the help here. Thanks again. This has been very educational. I'm going with the 3man-2 lift. Sure do appreciate the pictures, and step by step. I take it they don't take falls very well being that everyone says "DON'T DROP IT" :rollside:

IMPATIENT 1
    hey gary, getin ready to paint? if your stringers are in very good shape go for it.it you even have a second guess of you r stringers condition don't.i've tested boats that i might buy with a drill bit. find a low spot and drill alittle into the stringer,if any of the shavings look wet ,replace the stringers since your not far from having stripped down for it.good luck

shootingstar72683
    hey gary, getin ready to paint? if your stringers are in very good shape go for it.it you even have a second guess of you r stringers condition don't.i've tested boats that i might buy with a drill bit. find a low spot and drill alittle into the stringer,if any of the shavings look wet ,replace the stringers since your not far from having stripped down for it.good luck
    Are you at work? Can I call you? Ron from Texas wanted to talk with you about a ski step. If you want me to wait till these evening, I'm not in a big hurry.

IMPATIENT 1
    Are you at work? Can I call you? Ron from Texas wanted to talk with you about a ski step. If you want me to wait till these evening, I'm not in a big hurry.
    GOOD TALKIN WITH YA GARY, SORRY IT WAS SHORT,BEEN ALITTLE BUSY THIS MORNIN. TELL THE GUY THAT ASKED ABOUT THE SKI STEP,THAT I ONLY HAVE THE ONE THAT COVERS YOUR PUMP. IF HE'S INTERESTED TELL HIM TO EMAIL ME AT te_1051@hotmail.com..

shootingstar72683
    GOOD TALKIN WITH YA GARY, SORRY IT WAS SHORT,BEEN ALITTLE BUSY THIS MORNIN. TELL THE GUY THAT ASKED ABOUT THE SKI STEP,THAT I ONLY HAVE THE ONE THAT COVERS YOUR PUMP. IF HE'S INTERESTED TELL HIM TO EMAIL ME AT te_1051@hotmail.com..
    Enjoyed the conversation myself. Sure hope to meet ya one day. HAD TO COME IN, THE WEATHER IS FALLING APART, STARTING TO RAIN. I pulled the gas tank and the rear stringer holding it.The front part of the motor mount sringers are hollowed out. It's hard shelled, can I fill it with glass or filler? Should I tear it out? I'll get you're message out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast