Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How strong are the mounts

IMPATIENT 1
    Enjoyed the conversation myself. Sure hope to meet ya one day. HAD TO COME IN, THE WEATHER IS FALLING APART, STARTING TO RAIN. I pulled the gas tank and the rear stringer holding it.The front part of the motor mount sringers are hollowed out. It's hard shelled, can I fill it with glass or filler? Should I tear it out? I'll get you're message out.
    that 4ft motor mount stringer is the only thing the sj's have as far as stringers go.if there hollow gary ,replace em now that you got your motor out.the floor "ties into" the stringers that your motor mounts to.

Sanger Jet
    I used Squirtchas method Works like a Champ !!!

SmokinLowriderSS
    My wife & I just flipped Lowrider over Sat for hull work. She's an SS and is thus identically hulled to your SJ except for the taller/heavier deck, probably 100 to 200 pounds. We lifted the bow with a cable come-along and 3/8 rope thru the bow-eye and the stern with the engine cherry-picker and a length of 1/2 rope arround the jet drive. Had I just wanted to go "up" it would likely have been OK to lift from the mounts, but to flip her over, go for the drive just ahead of the nozzle. The front is the tricky part when you get past "vertical". We sat her down on a 4x4 (on the rub-rail) and adjusted the slacked rope to catch arround the light and not slip off the front.

shootingstar72683
    I used Squirtchas method Works like a Champ !!!
    Where can I find the thread?

shootingstar72683
    My wife & I just flipped Lowrider over Sat for hull work. She's an SS and is thus identically hulled to your SJ except for the taller/heavier deck, probably 100 to 200 pounds. We lifted the bow with a cable come-along and 3/8 rope thru the bow-eye and the stern with the engine cherry-picker and a length of 1/2 rope arround the jet drive. Had I just wanted to go "up" it would likely have been OK to lift from the mounts, but to flip her over, go for the drive just ahead of the nozzle. The front is the tricky part when you get past "vertical". We sat her down on a 4x4 (on the rub-rail) and adjusted the slacked rope to catch arround the light and not slip off the front.
    Did ya take any pictures doing it? Did you put it on tires ,barrels horses to finnaly work on it?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123