Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Languages Do You Speak?

Trailer Park Casanova
    I was watching the Discovery channel, and they were showing American Indian Tribes and American Indian Nations that have written Languages.
    They told of the advantages it brought to the tribes. A bfd.
    The wife and I were walking through the train station, when 3 attractive German girls walked up to us trying to get directions.
    Amtrack really sux,, brutally hard to find your train, and no help from the employees, they ask us too.
    The girls had no grasp of english at all.
    Alice says she doesn't speak any foreign languages "anymore" (she's spoke them her whole life), but she quickly picked up the girls linga, and rapped off in German what they needed to know.
    They were stunned and really appreciative.
    Another time at a German restaurant beer garden,, some Germans we talking some raunchy but good sex suggestions about the awsum bartenders.
    The chix bartenders and servers wore very low cut short dresses. All very good looking girls.
    Alice quietly translated from German to French to the girl bartenders what the guys were saying. Pretty cool x rated stuff, give ya a woodie just listening to the translation,, and the bartenders & servers reacted in a hilarious way.
    Funny as hell actually. It was a great nite. Took quite some time for the Germans to figure out they were being translated.
    What languages do you speak??

Forkin' Crazy
    Ebunix. :crossx:

Kim Hanson
    I speak focked up Engrish, some good shit talking ability's though ............( . )( . )............

RitcheyRch
    American Sign Language (ASL).

LUVNLIFE
    American :notam: :rollside:

GHT
    There is such thing as Language other than English???
    I don't think so......

Boatcop
    The Cherokees are the only Native American people to have their own written language. Sequoyah (http://www.cherokee.org/home.aspx?se...D=SWAHfDHmWs4=) developed it in the early 1800s. BTW, Sequoyah was a distant cousin to my wife.
    All others transfer the "sounds" of their language to English alphabet.
    In addition to my poor English, I speak pretty good Hawaiian, picked up after living over there for several years.

Keith E. Sayre
    I speak fluent spanish. I lived in Concepcion Chile for 2 years. After that in
    college, my brother and I could carry on a conversation whenever we wanted and usually get away with it. I've also sat here in my office listening to customers talk about how they were going to grind on the price of the boat
    or some option they want for free etc. I just smile and never say a word until after it's all over. Then as they're leaving, I will let them know that I
    speak by saying something in Spanish. They are usually stunned!
    Keith Sayre
    Conquest Boats

FMluvswater
    I was watching the Discovery channel, and they were showing American Indian Tribes and American Indian Nations that have written Languages.
    They told of the advantages it brought to the tribes. A bfd.
    The wife and I were walking through the train station, when 3 attractive German girls walked up to us trying to get directions.
    Amtrack really sux,, brutally hard to find your train, and no help from the employees, they ask us too.
    The girls had no grasp of english at all.
    Alice says she doesn't speak any foreign languages "anymore", but she quickly picked up the girls linga, and rapped off in German what they needed to know.
    They were stunned and really appreciative.
    Another time at a German restaurant beer garden,, some Germans we talking some raunchy sex suggestions about the awsum bartenders.
    Alice quietly translated from German to French to the girl bartenders what the guys were saying. Pretty cool x rated stuff, and the bartenders reacted in a hilarious way.
    Funny as hell actually. It was a great nite. Took quite some time for the Germans to figure out they were being translated.
    What languages do you speak??
    French ... but not very well, anymore. My audio comprehension is worse. Written is okay. Reading I get the gist. I think I could pick it up again if I had to communicate and English wasn't an option for the other person.
    My pig latin's a little ustyray ootay.

ratso
    I need to learn Spanish... Most of my customers on used cars now days seem to be Mexicans.
    Ooops... I hope that wasn't a racist remark.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast